Solved

Excel Data Migration Tool

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

HI there,

Is there any way we can write back the key values to the Excel sheet once the record is inserted or updated in IFS.

For Example: A Excel migration job is configured to create a new Work order with data from the excel. Can the newly created Work order number be returned back to excel sheet and displayed against the data line.

Thanks in Advance.

Siva Ganesh M

icon

Best answer by pwlm 7 May 2020, 17:51

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @Siva Ganesh M ,

To my knowledge this is not possible - you would need two Excel DM jobs. One for New, one for Update - I understand this is not what you’re after.

If you have a techie there that is hot on VBA then pass this requirement to them - maybe they can embed a macro into a saved Excel DM workbook to retrieve the WO No.

Cheers,

Pete

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @Siva Ganesh M ,

To my knowledge this is not possible - you would need two Excel DM jobs. One for New, one for Update - I understand this is not what you’re after.

If you have a techie there that is hot on VBA then pass this requirement to them - maybe they can embed a macro into a saved Excel DM workbook to retrieve the WO No.

Cheers,

Pete

Thanks Pete for your valuable tips.

I have managed by configuring another Excel migration - Search job to pull the data in to Excel. This is achieved by mapping a field with a unique value for each Excel Migration job run and using this field as an input parameter in the Excel migration - Search job to pull the data.

But it will be good and needed functionality, if write back to excel is made possible in future releases.

Thanks & Regards,

Siva