Solved

Excel AddIn in IFS Cloud 23R1 SU5 with Custom Fields

• 11 October 2023
  • 11 replies

Badge +2

Hey everybody,

I am trying to set up an Excel Migration Job for with custom fields. Unfortunately it doesn´t work. Without the CFs I am able to upload data in the master. With the CFs it seems to work (validation and execution works without errors), but the record set doesn´t update.

I am curious if someone of you faced the same issue.

Name and Cepi have been updated. Validation looks good.

After execution it looks also good.

The fields in IFS aren´t updated.

Without the custom field data is updated.

Thank you in advance,

Johannes

icon

Best answer by Nirogini Janstin 11 October 2023, 16:21

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

In the above screenshots what is the custom field that you are trying to update?

Badge +2

SUPPLIER_INFO_GENERAL_CFV.CF$_CEPI

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Have you done the configuration for the CFV method in the method list attributes?

Badge +2

I have done the configuation like this:

And also in the rules, which worked in Applications.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

As I checked, the fetch condition is not necessary and also for the CFV method, you selected the action as ‘NoExecution’. So may I know what is the purpose for it?

Badge +2

No Execution was only temporarily set to check if it works for the normal fields.

When I set it up like this:

And no fetch condition:

I get too many hits. So it seems the fetch condition is necessary.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

So , could you please try by set the action as ‘Inloop’ and try to update a record?

Badge +2

I tried several times. Also before your comment. As I mentioned, I set it from Inloop to Noexecution to figure out, if the normal fields would update. They did.

I set it back and it still doesn´t work.

Are you sure, that the fetch option is not necessary. As I wrote above. When I delete the fetch option, it gives me too many record sets.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

If fetch condition is necessary, then you can keep that. but the CFV method should be like this to do the update.

Badge +2

Your screenshot helped me. In migration jobs with custom fields type migrate_source_data, the method 10 is SALES_REGION and method 20 is SALES_REGION_CFV.

In this case it should be both method …._CFV. And also the view should be ...CFV.

Thank you very much Nirogini.

Best regards,

Johannes

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

You are welcome @Johannes Kopfer