Solved

DMM Error when updating WORK_SCHED_ASSIGN in the Deployment container

• 16 October 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

hi All,

I can insert or update the schedule in Employee schedule from IFS client , but I can only insert a record in WORK_SCHED_ASSIGN using DMM and update will give an error at the deployment container.

My requirement is to use DMM tool to update the schedule from C to B in below IFS window.

the CSV file is attached and it looks like :

at the deployment container I get below error and the record did not get updated.

Method NEW failed : ORA-20110: WorkSchedAssign.INSOVERLAP: Overlapping date intervals.

Has anyone used DMM tool to update schedule in WORK_SCHED_ASSIGN?

Does anyone know why I am getting below error and how to resolve this?

Or is this a limitation in DMM?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Nirogini Janstin 17 October 2023, 13:23

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Disna, it seems like when you are updating the record some business error throws, so it is not related to the DMM tool. Please check with the date interval between VALID_FROM and VALID_TO and the DAY_SCHED_CODE. It seems you are trying to update wrong DAY_SCHED_CODE value between the given time intervals. Try to insert a record with the DAY_SCHED_CODE = B with these date intervals. You may get error when you are trying to insert this record as well.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi Nirogini,

Thanks for the reply!

But I can update the schedule with value ‘B’ from the IFS client with no errors. 

so I am wondering why the DMM tool gives an error when trying to update it.

I will also try the insert option from the DMM tool.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

@Nirogini Janstin  

I deleted the existing schedule and tried to insert a record in WORK_SCHED_ASSIGN using DMM tool. As you said, I got the same error in the deployment container.

Method NEW failed : ORA-20110: WorkSchedAssign.INSOVERLAP: Overlapping date intervals.

so, this error is not anything related to DMM, and it is related to CSV data, correct?

Thank you!

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Yes @Disna Marakkala , you may need to pass something related to FLAG.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

@Nirogini Janstin  Which FLAG are you referring?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

@Disna Marakkala , I'm suspecting that the issue with your DAY_SCHED_CODE value, you can insert/update record with the DAY_SCHED_CODE = C but when it comes to B, it gives you error on both insert/update, so it may be the limitation or business error that you can communicate with the product team.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Nirogini,

Thanks for the reply!

But I can update the schedule with value ‘B’ from the IFS client with no errors. 

so I am wondering why the DMM tool gives an error when trying to update it.

I will also try the insert option from the DMM tool.

Please note that logic in IFS Client may be different from Logic invoked by DMM. Because some data parameters defaulted using client logic , so you have not encountered any issue. In DMM, it invoke base APIs which does not invoke IFS client logic. As suggested by Nirogini, please contact product team.

Thank You!