Question

Delete records using Data Migration

• 1 July 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Is it possible to delete records from WORK_SCHED_ASSIGN using Data Migration and WORK_SCHED_ASSIGN_API.Remove__

Can anyone please advise how this is done.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I would imagine it is. 
You add that in the method instead of just the api and view. And leave the new and modify ticks blank. 

i dont know which input it needs that paricular function though. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

If I know more about your requirment, probably can come up with different solution.

From where do you get the list of records need to be deleted? From IFS or from a thirdparty system? Howmany records and how frequent? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Crazy thought….

1. Make a copy of WORK_SCHED_ASSIGN_API. For example, MY_WORK_SCHED_ASSIGN_API
  2. Edit the New__ procedure in the package to perform the Remove__ operations.

When you register the API and check the “New” box it would then call your removal code. It will take more editing, but can be done.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Is it possible to delete records from WORK_SCHED_ASSIGN using Data Migration and WORK_SCHED_ASSIGN_API.Remove__

Can anyone please advise how this is done.

It is possible to do that. You need to pass Objid, Objversion with the ‘DO’ as the action. specify the correct parameter to select the records you need to remove.

(I have sued in other APIs but on the exact API you have mentioned)

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Which method (Procedure ) have to do done this job.

Kindly let me know.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hey,

If you cant use standard procedure in migration job, consider using migration job+ custom view+event, below post might help