Question

Data Migration Manager Legacy Table joins

• 14 September 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge +1

Just starting out with DMM in IFS Cloud 22R2. I need to pull data from two tables into one target table. The documentation indicates how legacy tables are joined is important but gives no information on how to do this.

Somehow this worked when there were two legacy tables with the same key simply by identifying the keys on the Legacy Table definitions.

In this new situation, there are three tables involved and I need data from tables T1 & T3. 

T1 and T2 have the same key. I labeled them Key 1 & 2.
T2 and T3 are linked by a different field. I tried labeling these as Key 3, but that did not work.

Is this possible to do and if so how?

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Can you provide the steps that you followed for joining the legacy tables? better with some screen shots?

Badge +1

That is the question I have. How do we indicate the join between legacy tables?

All I see is a way to indicate the key on legacy tables, but the “key” between T1 & T2 is different than the “key” between T2 & T3.

If I set the T3 key field to 3 to match the corresponding field on T2, the transfer to input gives an error because of a key mis-match. If I set the T3 to 1, I get no records because that does not match key 1 on the other tables.

Where do we actually indicate how legacy tables are joined?

Table 1

Table 2

Table 3

Error

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Can you share your mapping?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

'Entity id(new)' is the name of the key field on your legacy table 2 definition, and 'Entity id' is the name of the key field on your legacy table 3 definition. It appears that the key field names in this case are mismatched. Could you try by changing the names as same name before attempting to transfer the records to the input container? 

Badge +1

Nirogini,

Is this a requirement in DMM? Not all files are linked by fields named the same so this seems an odd requirement?

Badge +1

This is what I have for mapping right now. If I map CREATION_DATE to an column in MBBFREP_Customer_Master or MBLGREP_Customer_Xref it works fine. But those two tables have the same key.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Nirogini,

Is this a requirement in DMM? Not all files are linked by fields named the same so this seems an odd requirement?

It seems an requirement, can you try that and let me know?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi CherylLaus, any updates on it?