Question

Data Migration

• 1 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I’m trying to load Functional Objects using the Equipment_Functional_API. But I’m unable to set the “Belongs to Object” or SUP MCH CODE via this API and view Equipment_Functional_UIV. 

Any suggestions, how do this under Data Migration Job?

Thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @SPRRAJ 

can you show us your migration jobs and also your legacy data (only a few records) please?

I suppose you are using 1 migration job (procedure CREATE_TABLE_FROM_FILE) to load your raw data and 2nd migration job (procedure MIGRATE_SOURCE_DATA) to fetch the data from the 1st migration job.

You’re trying to migrate a tree/hierarchy and that means you need a kind of master record with no “Belongs to Object” or SUP MCH CODE content and then the tree/hierarchy below this master records which needs this information to the level of this tree above.

Example:

HQ is my master record (MCH_CODE HC, CONTRACT 501) → Level 1

SERVICE_SITE (and REPAIR) are on the 2nd level

→ MCH_CODE SERVICE_SITE, CONTRACT 501

→ SUP_MCH_CODE HC, SUP_CONTRACT 501

SUP_MCH_CODE = Belongs to object

SUP_CONTRACT= Belongs to site

ABC (and DARE) are on the 3rd level

→ MCH_CODE ABC, CONTRACT 501

→ SUP_MCH_CODE SERVICE_SITE, SUP_CONTRACT 501

etc.

A SQL can be the following one and this is something you can include in your 2nd migration job (in the source_name column).

SELECT
   LEVEL lvl,
   contract,mch_Code,sup_contract,sup_mch_code,
   CONCAT
   (
      LPAD
      (
         ' ',
         LEVEL*3-3      ),
      mch_Code
   ) navigator,SUBSTR(SYS_CONNECT_BY_PATH(mch_Code,';'),2)||';' path2
FROM
   equipment_functional_uiv
WHERE
   contract='501'
CONNECT BY
   PRIOR mch_Code = sup_mch_Code
START WITH
   MCH_CODE='HQ';

But I don’t know how your legacy data (your raw data) looks like.

/Jens

Badge +1

Hi @Jens 

Thanks for your reply. Yes you are right, the data structure that you explained above, I’m using a similar one with 2 level tree/hierarchy. The top level Master data is already in the IFS environment and I’m loading the lower level data with the SUP_MCH_CODE & SUP_CONTRACT data in the IC Table. Unfortunately I can’t show the data due to the security reasons.

But I’m using the view “EQUIPMENT_FUNCTIONAL_UIV ”and the API “EQUIPMENT_FUNCTIONAL_API” as shown in the attachments. I’m using a separate method “EQUIPMENT_FUNCTIONAL_API.UPDATE_FUNCTIONAL_OBJECT” to update the SUP_MCH_CODE against a particular MCH_CODE once it is created via the API “EQUIPMENT_FUNCTIONAL_API” because there is no provision of loading the SUP_MCH_CODE directly via the API “EQUIPMENT_FUNCTIONAL_API”. This way the loading process is very slow. I’ve to load almost 6 million records. Is there anyway we can increase the performance.

Thanks

Badge +1

Hi @SPRRAJ ,  @Jens,

Could you give me a hint, I’m trying a lot of time to upload by data migration, the information of belongs to, through data migration, in IFS V 10, never got a problem, but now, there is no way to update that information to functional object and serial object, please I would really appreciate help on this topic.

I can not find the fields SUP_MCH_CODE  and SUP_CONTRACT in EQUIPMENT_OBJECT_UIV, EQUIPMENT_FUNCTIONAL_UIV, EQUIPMENT_OBJECT, in addition I can’t find that field in the data base EQUIPMENT_OBJECT_TAB, is gone, the only view that I do can find those fields are EQUIPMENT_ALL_OBJECT_UIV, but when I execute the migration job there is no update of that fields.

Thanks you very much in advance.

David Pintado.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

EquipmentObject (and therefore also EquipmentFunctional etc.) has changed it’s primary key between versions. The primary key is no longer CONTRACT, MCH_CODE it is EQUIPMENT_OBJECT_SEQ.

The fields SUP_MCH_CODE, SUP_CONTRACT does no longer exists, instead the relation to the parent is stored in FUNCTIONAL_OBJECT_SEQ. That field contains the EQUIPMENT_OBJECT_SEQ from the parent.

So if you want to build a structure you need to find EQUIPMENT_OBJECT_SEQ for the parent object you have by Equipment_Object_API.Get_Equipment_Object_Seq(contract_, mch_code_).

Then you send that in as FUNCTIONAL_OBJECT_SEQ when creating the child object.