Question

Distribution Requirement Planning

• 3 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi,

Please has anyone perform Distribution requirement planning DRP in IFS and how do we do that if possible . Thanks 

Julius 

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Julius,

I’m working for IFS R&D… I played with below setup. Lot of data to enter, so I will not go into all the details. Anyway here we go:

I created a Local Distribution Center (DC1) - this ships to our customers, by creating a Site and an Internal Customer for it. I used same Site ID ad Customer ID

Then I created a Central DC - this ships to DC1 and get supplies from main production site M1. So I created a site for this and both an internal customer as well as well as internal supplier. Let us call it CDC1.

The main site M1 is also an internal supplier.

After this I created a planning network that consists of the three sites: DC1, CDC1 and M1

I created a part, which is defined as purchased on site DC1 and CDC1. It is manufactured at site M1 and there it has a product structure. The part is defined as a multi-site planned part (you do that in the Supplier for Purchase Part screen)

Part X is MRP planned in site DC1 and CDC1. At site M1, part X is master scheduled! So there I enter my total forecast etc. My components below X at site M1 are MRP planned.

Then I enter a normal Customer Order and a Line for part X, delivered from site DC1, our local Distribution Center.

When I run the Planning Network MRP I will get Distribution Orders that will propagate in the “Bill Of Distribution” So for my master scheduled part I will get Distribution Order as a planned demand, from site CDC1, that will consume my forecast.

Well, this is the setup I have used and it looks kind of good. I hope it helps you to some extent. Please note that this works in Applications 10. In earlier versions, the integration between Distribution Orders and MS does not work so good.

Good Luck

-Mats

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Thank you so much for this Mat … please is it possible to share the screens for these transactions. Thanks 

Julius 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Thought that this could be a good schematic overview of what I was talking about in my first reply

-Mats

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi again Julius,

Above you can see how we at the Central DC1 buy part T470S (T470S is equal to part X in my schematic overview in previous reply) from the internal supplier M1. You must define the part as a multi-site planned part. You basically find same screens and functionality in Enterprise Explorer IFS Applications version 10.

And here below you see how I have defined a planning network for the 3 sites.

(please ignore internal customer C005 - it is not relevant in this example)

Finally I make a screen dump of what “master scheduling” has detected. From my site M1, I sell directly to customers and I also have demands from internal sites - that is the yellow marked Distribution Order. Please bear in mind that I have not balanced the plan. I was just testing that Distribution Orders became visible as a demand to Master Scheduling.

The Shop Order Reqs and MS Supplies becomes input to MRP, as parent demands for the children of T470S.