Solved

Transport task, from Drop-off location to Forward To location

• 8 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

As we all aware, when there is a Drop-off location defined in one particular warehouse (or below levels) and when we move parts using a Transport Task, once we execute the initial transport task, system creates a new (or add to existing) transport task From Drop-off location to Forward to location. 

I couldn’t find any link (connection) to identify the newly created (or existing one) transport task from the initial transport task. Is there any way to directly go to the newly created (or connected) transport task, instead of go and search in Transport Task/s widows?

icon

Best answer by Lumini Sahabandu 8 April 2021, 05:49

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Lahiru ,

As far as I am aware there is no link to the newly created transport task from the initial one. 

You need to search it in the transport task window itself. Further I have noted that there are some instances where this transport task does not create automatically. It happens when you have a transport task created for the same destination but stuck without being executed in the created state . In such a case I have noted that even though data related to the drop off location is correctly define the second transport task will not be create automatically. 

To get rid you need to make sure that no other transport task lies in the created state for the same destination. 

Hope this helps.

Many thanks ,

Lumini. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Lumini, Manny Thanks for your reply. :pray_tone1:

I’m looking for any valid reason why we no need to have such connection between initial transport task line and system generated one for the forward to location in the practical scenario. 

Regards,

-Lahiru -