Question

Supplier Split on Outside Operation Routing

• 29 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hello, 

I am hoping for guidance on an issue. Currently, I have a single supplier performing an OS paint operation on a part we manufacture. There is a need for dual source, and my hope was to setup a Supplier Split for the OS of 50/50 between the two suppliers. However, I am unsure how to setup the routing. There is one internal operation, and the part is then shipped to the Supplier for paint. When I setup the supplier split and SFPP record, MRP continues to only create POs for the one supplier. I have tried to setup an alternate Routing that defines the new Supplier, but MRP will only create POs for the single supplier, even though the split is defined. 

Is this type of setup possible? Any help would be appreciated!

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Hello,We have the same problem.And I'd be curious if anyone has a solution.
Badge +5

We would love to hear from IFS employees if this is somehow possible. We suffer from the same issue here.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hello - We can set up the Supplier Split on the Purchase Part page. Before running the MRP, make sure there are no open purchase requisitions for the Part. After the MRP is run, you should see the system generated Purchase Requisitions for the Part, where the purchase requisitions are split by Supplier according to the predefined percentage split.

Attached are a few screenshots from our discovery process:

Thank You

Sunayana