Solved

Supplier Concession Request

• 21 April 2021
  • 1 reply

I am just wondering if there is anything in IFS for handling a concession request from a supplier? I’ll give a typical example, supplier A says they machined quantity 1 of 3 components 0.05 mm too small and ask us can we accept. We review and say yes. We need to document this concession IFS so when the component arrives, the inspector is aware of the concession. If the inspector is not aware of it, he will only create a MRB unnecessarily.

icon

Best answer by Lahiru Dissanayake 21 April 2021, 18:21

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @SVGJOHNSULL ,

As far as I understood, you just want to make available this already agreed concession related information for the inspector at the time of performing the inspection after the arrival of the goods to prevent creating an unnecessary MRB. To handle such scenario, you may try below 2 potions.

1. Maintaining a separate inspection code with an appropriate description to handle such scenario and changing the inspection code (to newly created code) of the PO line at the time of confirming the PO. Since the inspection code is available in Purchase order receipts window, inspector will be aware on such discussions/agreements had with supplier before.
  2. Or, add this concession related information as a note for the relevant PO line by Right click on PO line > Notes. Note can be viewed at the register PO arrivals and then person who register the arrival may transfer this information to “Receipt reference” filed since Notes are not visible in the Purchase order receipts window, but “Receipt Reference” is available there.
  3. Or, you may use combination of Inspect code and PO line Notes to handle this.

Hope this will provide you some insights.

Many Thanks,

-Lahiru-