Solved

State is not valid

Userlevel 5
Badge +14
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 275 replies

How can it possible? Why the state is null? Because of that, I could not change to released to planned. Have you ever seen that error? And how can I solve it? I don't think changing the table manually is not a good idea.

icon

Best answer by Janandi Vishaka 19 April 2021, 11:46

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi,

Can you please raise a support case for investigations. By looking at this it is difficult to say, what has happened.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @hhy38 ,

I dont think this could be recreated. Seems like a one-off issue?

If you keep getting this error then that should likely be an effect of a modification. I havent seen something like this in the Core version

Regards

Susith

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Very strange indeed. As Susith explains may be one-off incident, may be due to customization.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I think the same. However, I could not find the source. There is only one record.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi,

The state column in the view is  set from below method Purchase_Requisition_API.Finite_State_Decode__(rowstate)                         here rowstate = objstate

Please check whether the value in the objstate column has any spaces might not be visible at first glance copy the value and paste and see. If so you need edit this record then it will show the state.

Have you logged into the client using English or some other language? It could be something related to language as well.

BR,

Vishaka

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@hhy38, As i go through all previous comments, that record seems as it was  updated manually by user may be during customization or any other reason. 

initially System is not allowing to user to update state as blank through backend: Screenshot1

but if we put space there as values then system allow us to proceed and getting same error message. Screenshot 2,3:

Solution: Please remove the space from “Rowstate” field and update it with actual stage and proceed to change its status from Released to planned.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi,

The state column in the view is  set from below method Purchase_Requisition_API.Finite_State_Decode__(rowstate)                         here rowstate = objstate

Please check whether the value in the objstate column has any spaces might not be visible at first glance copy the value and paste and see. If so you need edit this record then it will show the state.

Have you logged into the client using English or some other language? It could be something related to language as well.

BR,

Vishaka

Yes, the problem about space there is after state and objstate. Thank you. Should I change it from the table directly?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@hhy38, As i go through all previous comments, that record seems as it was  updated manually by user may be during customization or any other reason. 

initially System is not allowing to user to update state as blank through backend: Screenshot1

but if we put space there as values then system allow us to proceed and getting same error message. Screenshot 2,3:

Solution: Please remove the space from “Rowstate” field and update it with actual stage and proceed to change its status from Released to planned.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

@Janandi Vishaka and your answer true. Thank you. But which answer should I select as best? :) 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi,

yes you can write a simple update statement and update the value in the rowstate without spaces. or directly to it in table. 

UPDATE purchase_requisition_tab
    SET rowstate ='Released'
 WHERE requisition_no =’enter no here’;

Best Regards,

Vishaka

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Thank you @Janandi Vishaka. I used the code below to update.

SELECT * FROM purchase_requisition_tab b where b.requisition_no = '147499' for update