Solved

Set Default Value for field IFS Cloud

• 6 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

I am trying to set a default value for the Order Proc Type field for Purchase Orders so they automatically release after being approved.

I have set the field to Required and Default to Previous, but it is not working as expected as it does not default to previous.  

We only have one processing type and it will always be used, but they have to enter it on every line, sometimes 50 times...be much more efficient if defaulted.

icon

Best answer by matt.watters 6 March 2023, 19:36

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

What does your Order Processing Type look like?

Have you considered setting this value on the relevant Purchase Part pages so that it defaults into all requisition and order lines?

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Matt:  I was unaware that this option was available at the purchase part level.  I will investigate that.

As usual, thanks for the knowledge and quick answers!!!

Sorry, I wasn’t sure what you meant by what our processing type looks like.  Very basic. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @TTRACY,

To add to Matt’s reply, if you wish to mass Update the ‘Order Proc Type’ of your Purchase Parts, you can use Purchase Parts screen. However, there the ‘Order Proc Type’ is not Editable by Default, so you first need to make it Editable through the Page Designer and then do the Update,

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Matt:  I was unaware that this option was available at the purchase part level.  I will investigate that.

As usual, thanks for the knowledge and quick answers!!!

Sorry, I wasn’t sure what you meant by what our processing type looks like.  Very basic. 

Hi @TTRACY, When you encounter this kind of a problem, the place you should refer to is the ‘Field Description’ of the field in question. Normally, it should explain from where the date is fetched, etc.. to help a user to find the relevant Master data/Basic Data pages, etc..,