Solved

Sending goods away for refurb/repair

Userlevel 2
Badge +5
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 11 replies

Hi,

I’m looking to send items away for refurbishment to then bring back into inventory but I’m unsure how to set this up correctly. The process I have to follow is missing something with this step and I’m unsure how to correct it. How do I do this step below as it doesn’t seem to give me this option or I don’t have the correct access to do so?

The above step completes this transaction below  which I’ve been unable to replicate 

icon

Best answer by Jackie P 10 June 2022, 10:33

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi

This is dependent on the site setting - Purchase Component - Customer Order or Supplier Material if Supplier Material is selected you see the option of Supplier Material if it is set to Customer Order you will need to have the following set up

Supplier set up as a customer?

Supplier For Purchase Part is the box “External Service allowed” checked?

Sales Part Created?

Are you using External Service Types or is this coming from a Work Order?

Order Code on the PO needs to be 6

When you release the PO the Customer Order will be created - RMB on the line to see Customer Order, this is purely a vessel to ship the parts out

Then you should be able to receive the part back in as normal using Register Arrivals

Hope that helps

Jackie

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Jackie,

Please see answers below.

I’m missing something with how this section is set up - How do I check these settings? And if not done automatically how do I do this manually? Is there something in - Purchase Component that i need to change?

Thanks

1. Observe that the Customer Order and the Line are in Invoiced/Closed status, which means the component stock on hand is automatically dispatched to the Customer/Supplier. This is because the Order Type SEO is set up to automatically process the customer order.

This is dependent on the site setting - Purchase Component - Customer Order or Supplier Material if Supplier Material is selected you see the option of Supplier Material if it is set to Customer Order you will need to have the following set up

Supplier set up as a customer? YES

Supplier For Purchase Part is the box “External Service allowed” checked? YES

Sales Part Created? YES

Are you using External Service Types or is this coming from a Work Order? External Service 

Order Code on the PO needs to be 6 - Done

When you release the PO the Customer Order will be created - RMB on the line to see Customer Order, this is purely a vessel to ship the parts out - Once the P/O is released it isn’t releasing the goods to the supplier? 

Then you should be able to receive the part back in as normal using Register Arrivals - Since this isn’t releasing I’m then unable to receipt the goods as “there are not enough component parts shipped to the supplier”

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi

Can you confirm what the setting is on the Site please, whether it is Customer Order or Supplier Material?  Also on the Supplier For Purchase Part have you selected the service on the External Service tab?

Thanks

Jackie

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

The setting is as Customer Order.

On the Supplier For Purchase Part I’ve ticked the “External Service Allowed” box and entered in some info on the “External Service Pricing” tab

Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

From what my procedure states I need to get the status to invoiced/closed? Somehow the top line worked but I’m unsure how to change the bottom line status?? It was reserved and I changed it to picked but there aren’t any other options available to change it further?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi 

First of all could you make sure that there isn’t a shipment connected to it, if there is go to the shipment and ship.  Or if there is no shipment connected could you go to quick order flow handling and try it from there?

Thanks 

Jackie

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Jackie,

My IFS knowledge is still a work in progress. I’m unsure how to see if it’s connected to a shipment.

I don’t seem to have anything that matches “quick order flow handling” so I’m stuck there also

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi

No problem.

This is the setting that dictates whether a shipment should be created - this is inherited from the Customer - ideally for Supplier Shipment this should be blank

If you RMB on the Customer Order Line and if Shipment Info is highlighted it means that there is a shipment attached.

Navigate to the shipment RMB, look at the next step in the shipment flow and status

RMB in the header and the next step will be highlighted

Do this until the status is closed, this means that the goods have been shipped out to the Supplier, you should then be able receive the PO in.

If there is no shipment then you should be able to go to Quick Order Flow Handling

RMB and follow the flow up to invoicing the order

However, what I would recommend that you do is on the Customer have a default order type set so everything runs through

Apply this to the Customer record - this will mean that when you create the PO and release it will create the customer order and run all the way through 

Ensure that shipment type is blank on the Customer 

I hope that this helps, if not please feel free to reach out again.

Thanks

Jackie

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thanks Jackie,

I don’t have access to these modules in IFS so hopefully once I get given access I’ll be able to sort this one out.

Your help has been greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

Regards

Ben