Question

Return the Purchase Order created through Purchase Requisition

• 14 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi All,

We have a client requirement where buyer wants to return the Purchase order created through purchase requisition by providing the return reason to the requisitioner who created the PR found in case of any discrepancies in Purchase order created from Purchase requisition, then Purchase team (Buyer) should be able to return the Purchase Requisition by adding the comments. This comments to be appear in purchase requisition at header level.

So kindly let me know if there are any possible way to return the Purchase order (in Planned status POs) so that Purchase requisition status gets changes to planned status from Closed status or buyer can change the PR status in PR screen by changing it from Closed or Authorized status to Planned status in order to trigger the authorization cycle after making the changes in PR screen.

Your suggestion is highly appreciated and thank you.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @ProShiraA ,

When you try to cancel the PO created using the PR,  first system will prompt you to choose the cancellation reason and then it ask whether to re-open the connected PR there you need to choose Yes. This will revert the status of PR from closed to Authorized or Released.

Regarding the return reason on PR header, I think you should configure a custom event to update the cancellation reason entered while cancelling the PO on the corresponding PR header.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Thank you Mithun for your prompt response.

But i want the status of PR to get changed to Planned from authorized or closed status when trying to cancel the PO by reopening the PR.

Is there any way to change the status to Planned from Authorized status in PR screen?

Because we want to route the PR authorization from starting after making the necessary changes in PR.

Thank you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @ProShiraA ,

Yes, you can change the status of PR  from Authorized to Planned manually by using the below steps. 

1. Go to Authorization Tab of PR and revoke the authorization
  2. Then do right click on PR header and choose option Change to Planned.

You also automate this step by configuring custom events if needed.

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

The above reply provides the customer with the necessary steps and possible CRIMS to support the requirement, however I would also politely need to ask the question of why we are implementing an ‘undo’ process when maybe we should ask why these ‘errors’ are not being identified at source i.e is this not part of the Authorization process prior to creating the Purchase order? Just a question, and maybe there are valid reasons and genuine scenarios where this is not possible, but certainly worth the prompt I would suggest

Kind regards

Deb