• 21 July 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hello

the customer wants to print several invoice templates for one invoice: 
  1 - customer invoice 
  2 - certificate

question:  is it possible to set up several models? 

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Franck.G ,

Have you tried setting up different report layouts under Report Definitions?

Regards

Susith

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

do you have an example?yes I have several layouts 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

how I can string together two printouts of documents

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Franck.G ,

You cannot string two templates together to be printed in one go. But the only way this could be done in the standard application is to print the same invoicetwice with two templates.

Regards

Susith 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

I have an invoice, but I want to have a printout with both models.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

HI @Franck.G ,

I was able to locate following information from old ticket.

As per mentioned information, You may need to configure 2 logical printers ( As per amount of layouts) but point to the same physical printer first. Then you can set up a report rule in order to handle the initial print job that is generated when you order the report, and this can handle the first layout.

Now in order to generate a second print job, you will need to use the event actions functionality. Here Need to setup an event action for the "PDF_REPORT_CREATED" event to execute an online SQL, and here you will need to write a SQL in order to generate the same report again with the second layout but making sure to have a condition placed if a pdf is created with a certain value (Use a parameter not to trigger the first report again) and then generate the print job and then we will have to have another report rule to print to the second layout and to the second tray setup as well.

The above is a bit complex and needs to have the proper conditions being set up so that there won't be any never-ending loops. Otherwise, this request can be handled as pure customization where configurations are not involved and 2 print jobs are generated directly from the logic itself when ordering this report..

Hope this helps you.