Question

Register Direct Delivery EDI/MHS

• 27 April 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Dear community, 

Using the same instance of IFS, with multi company, multi site, we have a scenario where SITEA buys parts from a supplier via SITEB (different companies). The supplier delivers the parts direct to SITEA, however SITEB processes the supplier invoice. 

I have used EDI/MHS and Purch Order Direct supply code to automate most of the processes however I cannot see how I can do the purchase order receipt at SITEA, which then registers the Direct Delivery in SiteB so that the customer order can be closed and the supplier invoice matched.

From the help i see that typically the Supplier would provide the direct delivery EDI to SITEB. I thought i could use the Receiving Advice EDI/MHS from SITEA to SITEB however this requires the customer order lines been delivered to match the receiving advice. Since it is Purch Order Direct there is no delivery of the customer order line. 

I’ve attached a diagram of the flow to try and explain the above graphically. This must be possible and maybe i am doing it wrong?

Before i look to make config does anyone have any ideas or seen this before without config?

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

HI

You need to set the DIRDEL MHS on the customer/supplier and also the incoming delivery notifications on the customer.  On the shipment type set an optional event to print the shipment delivery note when the order is delivered / pick reported - your choice - this will send the message.  On the customer set the multi tier tick box on message defaults.  The site B delivery advice will be sent, receive the Site A PO and deliver the Site A customer order