Question

Receive into Arrival Location causing issues with Master Scheduling

• 12 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello IFS Experts, hoping someone out there has an solution

We use demand planning and we forecast many of our purchased finished goods items and majority of these are offshore with lead times of 6-8 weeks transit time.

We register arrival once container is on ship in transit to designate ownership of goods.

When we receive this into arrival into non--nettable location, it shows up for Master Scheduling as available on the date of we did the receipt into arrival location.  This is a flow in IFS and was fixed for Cloud Version update, but IFS will not update for APPS10. 

This is causing inaccurate MS proposals and we need the system to have accurate date of receipt for Master Scheduling to generate correct purchase requisitions.  

Is there anyone else experiencing this  issue and have a good solution?

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi Michelle,

If the Items are in Inspection status it is not considered for Planning. So if you change the receive case to Receive into Arrival, Inspect at Arrival Receive Case receipt will place the item in Inspection Management, while it is in the Arrival location and the user will have to perform the inspection register before moving to a usable location. However, I’m not sure if this works with MS as I have not tried this with the MS process before. I can confirm this works with other planning functionalities and it does not show in the IPAP as available as well.

I hope this will help.

Regards,

Akila

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Akila, thank you for your feedback. The one thing that must happen is that the planned receipt date must be from the IDA and/or PO. If MS still uses the date that it was received into arrival, then it still will plan incorrectly by MS. 

If the solution you gave will prevent items to use the receipt to arrival date by adding an inspect to arrival as well, it may work, but if not, then MS still may not work.

If this is an IFS flaw in APP10 and they fixed for Cloud Version, I wish they would fix in APP10 as well. When your MS or MRP does not work properly, you cannot run your business effectively and it requires outside tools.