Solved

+/- Quantity variance on Purchase Order

• 25 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Is there a way to allow a PO to accept a +/- variance to the ordered quantity?  For example - we order 100 boxes, but supplier may have slight over-run, but we accept up to 10% over/under.  Can we set the PO up to allow that automatically for receipts?

icon

Best answer by Ravinatha Ariyarathna 25 February 2022, 18:29

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi  emilyk8r ,

This can be set up in the site level (  Sales and Procurement TAB / Over Delivery Section ) 

In here , it is possible set a tolerance level : For example, you can enter 10, which means that you can enter a quantity arrived that is up to 10 percent more than the ordered quantity without receiving the warning/error message. If zero percent is entered, it is not possible to increase the quantity arrived over the ordered quantity without receiving the warning/error message.

Upon receiving a PO , it is anyway possible to receive less than what is already ordered in the PO line. However the remaining qty will appear in the register arrival screen. 

Hope this helps. 

Thank you,

Lumini. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @emilyk8r , in addition to above information mentioned by Lumini, I would like to highlight the below setting you can find in the Purchase Part record, where you can enter a Closing Tolerance for the Purchase Part. If you use this with the Automatic Order Closing option, it is possible to automatically close the PO line when the Supplier delivers less than the ordered qty, but within the tolerance percentage we define here. The values entered here can be overridden in PO line level.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Thank you - I believe this is exactly what I was looking for!