purchasing / request for quotation

• 5 November 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

hi good people of the IFS community, I’m very new to this and looking for advice, 

I look after the inventory orders for the company I work and normally I create them using the Re-order point (B), based on the details I’ve entered into the Planning Details Per Part. this gives me a requisition per item, I could have 50 items for the one supplier ( 50 different requisitions) what I want to be able to do is, add all these requisition to one RFQ so I can send this out to a number of suppliers for pricing, once I get my prices back, split the RFQ between the suppliers that were cheaper for the parts. 

I normally end up coping and pasting the lines from 49 requisitions into one and then sending that out, this is very counter productive.

is this possible and instructions would be great :)

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Navigate to the Purchase Requisition Lines screen, query for your requisitions, highlight the lines you want to create a request for, and RMB to Request for Quotation. 

If the RMB option Request for Quotation is not available, I highlight one line at a time, to locate the line the Request for Quotation is not available for.

Convert Purchase Requisition to Request for Quotation Explanation:

A request for order quotation is a request for a price quotation for one or several parts or services, including external maintenance and repair services. An request for order quotation also requests a projected date of delivery. In addition, terms of delivery and shipping can be included in the request. Often, you want to send requests for order quotation to several suppliers before you place an order.

Use this activity to create a request for order quotation from a purchase requisition, using the Purchase Requisition window. Once you have converted the purchase requisition to a request for order quotation, you need to open the Request for Order Quotation window in IFS/Purchasing to continue processing the request.

Instead of converting a purchase requisition, you can also create a new request for order quotation manually.

Notes: (1) Purchase requisitions deriving from DOP orders and exchange purchase requisitions can only be converted to purchase orders. It is not possible to convert them into requests for order quotation. (2) Order quotations for external maintenance and repair services can only be converted to purchase orders if the corresponding request for order quotation was created from a purchase requisition.

Prerequisites

• The purchase requisition must have Released, Partially Authorized, or Authorized status. Note that the purchase requisition line does not have to be authorized even if authorization is required before the line can be converted to a request for order quotation.
  • The line(s) you want to convert must have been saved.

System Effects

The purchase requisition is converted to a request for quotation. All information entered on the purchase requisition is transferred to the request. The system informs you about the assigned request number. All purchase requisition lines receive Request Created status.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Thanks for your reply Jabous, I’ll check this out Monday morning.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Zankou79 , when converting a PR line to a RFQ, you can add it to already created RFQ by entering the existing RFQ’s number (or you can select it from the list) in “Add to Request” field in Requision to Request - Parameters dialog box. Therefore you may create a one RFQ for PR line and add the other PR lines to the same RFQ using this option without copying and pasting them.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi again, sorry I haven’t replied all week, i was moved onto another project so only getting back to this now. 

this is on TEST env.

I got as far as the RFQ,

now I want to send this out to potential suppliers, I don’t see a print option

how do I get it from here to the purchase order?

and sorry if this sounds stupid.

thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

hi folks,

any feed back on this please? I’d really like to get this working.

thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Have you not been given any training, Zankou?  Are you expected to work this out for yourself?