Question

Purchase requisition authorization on express order

• 15 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi, 

Need some help on purchase requisition authorization for express order (order code 5).

I do not find how to limit the total amount for users who are using this order code. 

Let me explain : 

• From 0 to 500€ : they can place PR/PO with order code 5 with no authorization
  • >500€ : the express order is not allowed and must no be used. So they have to place normal PR/PO

Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Carole,

In my opinion, your requirement cannot be fully accommodated using Purchase Requisition Authorizations. However, i can think of 2 options.

1.Create a new Purchase Requisition Authorization Rule for >500€. This means that all orders with order code 5 & below 500€ will not have any impact, thus catering your 1st requirement. Orders above 500€ will need to be authorized thus giving some control, but this does not mean that users cannot enter PRs with order code 5 which are above 500€.

2.Create a new custom event to be triggered at the time of saving a PR line to check if the order code + Total Amount Base (either Gross or Net - your choice) is >500€. If so, give an error message and thus, caters your 2nd requirement. Since this doesn't affect for orders below 500€, this caters your 1st requirement as well. However, technical feasibility of this needs to be ascertained but its a possibility.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Arunalu

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @Arunalu , 

The creation of an event was the last card I wanted to play.

Looking a little more deeply at PR authorization rules, I think I found a way which seem to manage this.

I created a new PR authorization rule with a minimum of 500€ and no maximum. I cleared the checkbox “include all steps in authorization” . In the routing template, I put an individual authorizer ID who is allow to authorize a Max amount for PR of 500€.

By doing so, when trying to release a PR >500€, the system locks the PR for further processing as the routing template does not contain steps with enough authorization limit to cover the purchase amount.

In any case, thanks for your help

Carole