Solved

Purchase Part Price Approval Process?

• 9 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello!

I’m looking to have a process in IFS for Part Price Approvals. The idea is whenever a Buyer from our company negotiates a new price with a Supplier, that new price needs to be approved by their manager. We have an example template below for outside of IFS.

Any suggestions? Is there an existing module for this?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Marcel.Ausan 10 April 2024, 11:05

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @ACIJGARRIEPY , 

Will approving an incoming price catalog suit your purpose? The help description of this screen is mentioned as below:

Use this window to view the details of an incoming purchase price catalog message, i.e., a PRICAT message, received via EDI/MHS. Depending on the information received, the message can be used for either of the following: to update or create purchase conditions in the Supplier for Purchase Part/Price List tab or in the Part Step Pricing/Steps tab or to update purchase conditions in the Supplier Agreement/Parts tab. The two latter windows are connected to the supplier agreement functionality. It is possible to correct messages that have failed to automatically update the supplier for purchase part price lists and supplier agreements.

Thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@ACIJGARRIEPY if you are not expecting to receive EDI messages with prices from your suppliers, then probably you could use the general approval functionality built into Document Management module.

You can read more on this at below page:

Approval Routing (ifs.com)

More specific, for your scenario I would do it the following way:

→ supplier for purchase part set as Inactive immediately after creation → by custom event + approval template created and linked to supplier for purchase part

→ then have another event that would check whenever someone tries to set the sfpp as Active if the approval is 100% completed. Allow part activation only when approval is 100%.

Normally this process requires 2 / 3 custom events and could be used for most of the business objects in IFS.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thank you both. I expect we will go with the custom events Marcel recommended