Solved

Purchase order - Proc module - Unable to change invoicing supplier

• 4 June 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Whenever we try to change an invoicing supplier in a PO which is in Released state we get the above error however there is no Invoice made/matched for this Purchase order still we receive above error.

I believe there is some internal setting in IFS Apps 8.0 where it is defined already that for any given site you can’t process/make any changes in PO whether its Price, tax code, qty etc. post its authorization. This Change order functionality is only there is IFS V8.0 and above, want to know where is the root cause or that internal setting defined as this has to nothing deal with PO authorization rule when checked.

Tried to change the setting in authorization too which lists as follows;

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 4 June 2021, 20:31

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

The setting is on the Supplier which can be to use the Site default or make it optional or not required.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Venkat04 Please check whether the following check box is enabled in site where change order makes mandatory.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Venkat04 

Settings related to purchase order change order could be made either on site level or supplier level.

In the supplier level, it can be made under Supplier master record > Purchase  tab > Misc supplier info tab. Here you have 3 options such as, use what setting on site level , Mandatory to use purchase order change order and optional to use purchase order change order .

Then at site level , it is defined under “sales and procurement” tab. If you enforce here at site level and if supplier has “ Use site default”, then you could face validation you mentioned. Otherwise supplier should have “ Enforce use of PO change order” setting set up in supplier level..

hope this helps.

Badge +4

Whenever we try to change an invoicing supplier in a PO which is in Released state we get the above error however there is no Invoice made/matched for this Purchase order still we receive above error.

I believe there is some internal setting in IFS Apps 8.0 where it is defined already that for any given site you can’t process/make any changes in PO whether its Price, tax code, qty etc. post its authorization. This Change order functionality is only there is IFS V8.0 and above, want to know where is the root cause or that internal setting defined as this has to nothing deal with PO authorization rule when checked.

Tried to change the setting in authorization too which lists as follows;

Hi,

I think there are two options you can choose:

1. Do changes → change the Invoicing supplier via PO Revision / Change Order
  2. Change PO Authorization Rules.

If the case to change PO invoicing supplier is just an occasional case, I suggest to do the 1st option. Here is the way to do:

1. Create new Change Order
  2. Change Invoicing Supplier
  3. Release change order
  4. Update to PO

Hope this may help you.

Regards