Question

Purchase of reoccurring service

• 3 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +3

It is getting more and more common to buy services as a subscription model rather than just buying a product up front. The whole SaaS model is based upon this.

My question: How do you in this community deal with these purchases?

My experience is that companies purchases subscriptions without a purchase order and deal with manual postings on invoice.

If we would use the normal flow in IFS, and create a Purchase Order for this purchase. I would have to make a receipt of the PO to get invoices to match. That would be as much, or even more, work than just to deal with the invoice. Also, I don’t want to receive a larger amount than I am supposed to pay each month which would force me to do a receipt each month.

Ideally there should be a functionality where I can create a PO and accept invoices/payments with re-occuring settings (for instance each month for a 2y period). It should be enough to approve one time that the purchase/payments will be done in accordance with Supplier Agreement.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi Markus

Which IFS Application version do you use? 

Thanks,
Asela 

Badge +3

We are using IFS Cloud (as we speak on 22R2 SU8)

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Marake what about using the Recurring Invoice functionality?

After the 1st invoice is created, you can create recurring invoices for each month. Maybe this could help with the flow.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

One part of this question is about matching the invoice to the PO without having to receipt the PO every month. I have a customer who also requires this functionality.

Is there a way in IFS to match an invoice to a PO without having to receipt the PO?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@GlendaT matching of the invoice can only be done against the ARRIVAL or ARR-NONINV transactions generated from the PO. These transactions are created only when the PO Receipt is done.

Badge +3

@Marcel.Ausan Not sure how you mean that manual invoices would help. We are getting invoices from suppliers, that is not the issue.