Question

Procurement authorization rules consistency ....

• 22 September 2023
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

I recently add an issue working on a case for a big prospect. This prospect already have extensive authorizations rules for purchase requests and purchase orders.

1- one of its rule is that the requester is part to all the authorization process from the request to the order.

In the Purchase authorization basic data, you can select the requisitioner as authorization type.

It works perfectly for un purchase requisition authorization rule … didn’t work at all with a purchase order authorization rule.  There is no error message, the line with the requisitioner just didn’t show up!

The requisitioner is no more a rule available for the purchase order authorization rules. 

PURCHASE REQUISITION AUTHORIZATION RULES

PURCHASE ORDER AUTHORIZATION RULES

For me, the Purchase order authorization rules should have at least the same usage rules than the requisition rules, plus extra criteria that could make sense.  We should be in position to run the same rules in the purchase than in the requisition!

=> is there any plan to add the requisitioner in the purchase authorization order rules?  ? some others solutions (SAP, ..) handle it for every step of the purchase flow,

2- This prospect also has rules bases on Business unit, region, … and other criteria

I found a solution with a setting of the Purchase requisition authorization rules based on pre-posting.

When I want to set it up for purchase order authorization rules the same way ..

I didn’t have the tab to setup the rules based on preposting !!!!

=> is there any plan to fix it?                                                    

Regards 

Alain

0 replies

Be the first to reply!