Planned Revenue in Project Navigator does not change when order is cancelled

• 7 September 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 31 replies

Hello Community,

In Project Navigator, Planned Revenue field sums up all Customer Orders connected to the respective activity.

Same applies even for connected customer orders that are is cancelled or invoiced and credited.

Is there any way to reduce the amount of planned revenue, apart from the extreme way of running the Customer Order cleanup, which will clean all the customer orders for a site before a given date?

Thanks in advance,

Lauri

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Lauri,

i see your post is very old, but i’ll be very happy if you found a solution and could share it 😀

Thanks a lot for your help

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@Lauri @RECOFR I hope you have already found the answer but for the benefit of future visitors thought of adding my thoughts.

As per the design, the Planned Revenue is captured from Customer Order Lines connected to the respective activity and it stays there through out the life-cycle. The reason is as the COL are processed the other values are updated (Preliminary, Posted and Actual Revenue). The Planned Revenue is a benchmark to measure the performance. That is the idea behind, therefore reducing the Planned Revenue does not make sense (as per the design).

However once a COL is canceled, it should be removed from the Planned Revenue. If it does not happen, probably it could be an issue which needs further investigations.

Hope this helps !

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

HI Buku,

Thanks for your reply, I confirm you that cancelled order lines do not reduce the planned revenue. My customer went for a temporary workaround, but I’ll check if a support case has been created and I’ll create one if necessary.

KR

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@RECOFR Thanks for getting back. May I know the details of the version that you are using?

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hello @RECOFR and @Buddhika Kurera!

Thanks for bringing this old ticket back. We were running Apps 9 at the time of creating the ticket.

At the moment, we are running IFS Cloud 23R1 SU4, and I can confirm that cancelled customer orders are no longer an issue: Planned Revenue is updated right away to blank when a connected customer order is cancelled.

All the best,
Lauri

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

HI Lauri, 

that’s good to read, thanks for your feedback !!

KR

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@RECOFR I found a correction for something like this but this is in APP7.5. I hope that is not the case for your client or is it?

Cancelling a customer order line with demand code “Int Purch Trans” does not remove Planned Revenue

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Buku,

my customer runs on APPS10 UPD6, i hope this correction was already in it ;)

In its case, whatever the supply code is on customer order line, the cancellation or credit invoice doesn’t remove the planned revenue.

I’ve been told we already opened a ticket for this,

thanks ;)