Question

PEPPOL Punchout

• 9 February 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

When entering punch out adress in Cloud there are options for cXML and OCI but not PEPPOL. Is it possible to use PEPPOL-adress in the other versions or do Cloud not support PEPPOL punch out?

Thanks!

8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Emma,
At the moment we only support the cXML and OCI.They are the most commonly used standards globally. Most suppliers that have punchout capabilities support at least one of those standards.

If there is a high demand of support for PEPPOL, we will of course look into that. We have not done any investigations on that end so far, so I cannot today say how difficult it would be to add support in the future, but hopefully the basic concepts should be similar. 

Best regards,
Henrik

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi,

Peppol also came up with another project. It seems that European governments are mandating this in the future, so you should definately look into that.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the input Sami. I will definitively bring this up with product management. I think that many suppliers/retailers still lack support for the standard as well, but better be proactive.

Cheers,
Henrik

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@Henrik Sjöström  I would like to stress the importance of this one. We have the Swedish maritime administration as Customer and this is part of being compliant when it comes to e-commerce. They expect IFS to live up to the e-commerce standards of government agencies and they have suppliers that are using PEPPOL standard for punchout. We can not develop this one on our own and we would very much like to see it in the standard product 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

@Henrik Sjöström Here a request from NL. One of our customers is linked to municipalities that only work via PEPPOL. So making a connection to PEPPOL in the standard IFS Cloud would be very wise and we would also like to see it in the standard product.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Thanks for the input Andreas and Steve!

I have brought this up with our product management, so they are aware of the requirement and your input helps them prioritize.

As mentioned, we have not looked into any details, so we need to start in that end.

Best regards,
Henrik 

Badge +2

Any update on this subject. We are still facing problem since Peppol is the standard in Europe and requirement in both public and private sector to support this format.

The law on eInvoicing in the public sector became effective as of 1 April 2019. From 1 December 2019, all contracting entities in public sector (central government agencies, municipalities and regions) must be registered in Peppol. In Sweden, the standard which meets the new law’s requirements, is known as Peppol BIS Billing 3.0. 

eInvoicing in Sweden (europa.eu)

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

The answer here

is that an operator is required at the moment.

Please vote on 

(surprisingly little weight on it considering it should affect most - maybe many are not aware of ideas altogether..)