Question

Multiple supplier address on PO's

• 2 September 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Is there a way in IFS Apps 9 to create Purchase orders whereby the supplier document address and supplier delivery address can default into the Misc Order Info tab based on a supplier ID and part no?  

On our Supplier for Purchase Part record, we have several parts related to the particular supplier were the addresses would need to be different based on which part is purchased.  I don’t see any linkage on the Supplier for purchase part or Supplier record where this could be configured.  

Perhaps some type of custom event could accomplish this?  Any ideas from the group would be greatly appreciated!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

I would recommend a modification to IFS if that’s acceptable.

If that isn’t an option then yes, you could do this with a custom event.  But note that the part is defined at line level and the address you have highlighted is at header level.  So you might have conflicts where 2 parts on the same order have different source addresses, that would need to be resolved.

Rather than a custom event, if it was me I would look at a custom RMB (custom menu) that could be executed by the user on demand.  This avoids the table locking and background job issues that you get with an event of this type.