Solved

MPL transaction in parallel currency

• 27 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

We are currently running Apps 9.  We are ordering inventory items in our accounting currency (USD) as well as our parallel currency (PEN).  For items that are order in the parallel currency (PEN), the inventory receipt (posting type M10), creates the transaction in USD, but the clearing via Invoice is done in PEN.  This clears out the GL, however causes issues with we do our currency revaluation since IFS shows a balance in both USD and PEN and doesn’t clear for the currency revaluation purposes.  Does anyone know how to get the M10 transaction to post in the currency of the PO?  I tried adding a posting control for M10, for currency, using the Currency of the Purchase Order but this keeps returning errors saying that the currency is not defined.  I’m not sure where the Currency of the Purchase Order comes from.  I assumed the header.  I cannot prepost that code part on the PO (the option is grayed out).  Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Rangi Wijewardana 1 September 2021, 20:41

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi Kim,

As I remember in Apps 10 you can see the purchase transaction in both currencies (in your example PEN and USD). This was implemented during the Apps 10 ‘Add Possibility to Revalue GRNI for Currency Fluctuations’ development.

Best Regards,

Indika

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

In the application versions App9 or below M10 (GRNI ) was only posted in the accounting currency.

With the new currency support functionality introduced in App10:

At the Arrival transaction:

• M10(Received not invoiced posting) booked in transaction currency together with the currency rate at the arrival. New fields Credit Curr Amount, Debit Curr Amount, currency, and Currency rate were introduced.
  • M1(Inventory posting)-is booked only in accounting currency.

New functionality facilitates

• Differentiating Price Differences and Differences due to currency fluctuations
  • Currency revaluation on the GRNI account