Question

Maintaining visibility of Customer Level Forecasts within DP Client

• 8 May 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

We’re currently using IFS Apps 9 and using the demand planning client.  I’ve built flows per our largest customer but i’m running into a situation where i’d like to import the customer’s submitted forecast within DP while also maintaining a separate adjusted forecast (so that we can measure accuracy, etc.)

I see that customer scheduling is an option for master scheduling, but I can’t seem to find a way to manage a separate adjusted forecast other than manually doing it with scenarios. Another option I’ve thought of is using collaborative forecasting and having the customer’s forecast input as a collaborative forecast.  Am I missing something simple here? Do my solutions make sense?

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi,

In this case you are having three possible alternative  solutions with IFS Demand Planning. As you said, if  customer is in a positions to do collaborative forecasting with their customer, it is possible to get their inputs through IEE Demand Forecast window. (Trolly functionality is no longer recommended  by IFS)

As the next option you can manually enter the values in the Demand Planner main client. The last option available is to conduct excel import to demand planning through the background jobs.

Hope this will solve your issue.

Kind regards

Chanaka