Solved

Is it possible to cancel a order line in Reserved status?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello IFS community,

I have a Customer Order and I would like to cancel or delete the line No 1 and Del No. (Fig 1)

Unfortunately, the option for cancel is not available. (Fig 2)

Any word around to cancel the order line? 

See screenshot for details.

Fig 1

Fig 2

Thanks,

JL

icon

Best answer by jabous 1 April 2022, 18:13

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @ZTC ZTC JGOTA , 

Ideally the application should allow you to cancel the customer order line even when it is in ‘reserved’ state.

Upon cancelling by giving a cancellation reason, the customer order line goes back to Cancelled state and customer order header goes to Released state.

Is there any shipment connected to the customer order you are referring to? 

BR,
Anushi

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @ZTC ZTC JGOTA ,

Even for a ‘Partially Delivered’ customer order, ‘cancel order line’ is available. 

Once you cancel, the order line status goes to ‘Cancelled’ state. 

BR,

Anushi

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hello,

Even the order line status is ‘reserved’ it is possible that a pick list is already created for that line, in your example.

Please check the order line history (RMB on CO line-->Order line details-->Order line history) to see whether there is an existing picklist. If yes, system would not allow to cancel the order line.

If you want to cancel the pick list created line,

• Copy the pick list number
  • Search for the picklist in ‘Report picking of pick list lines’ window.
  • Enter 0 as the qty to pick on the line which you want to cancel.
  • RMB on the header-->report pick.
  • This will release the order line.
  • Then you can RMB on the line and cancel.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Malsha

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello @Malsha Amarasinghe @Anushi Seneviratne 

Thanks so much  for your answer.

In your step above → 

• RMB on the header-->report pick.

What header are you referring to? I do not see the option “Report Pick” can you provide me a screenshot? Please.

Thanks,

Juan Luis

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

*Scenario -Reserved State
An order for a part has been entered, released and reserved.  You want to “unreserve” the order line.  .

1.) Go to Manual Reservations for Customer Order Lines - Customer Orders/ Reserve Customer Orders/ Manual Reservations for Customer Order Lines.
2.) Query for your Customer Order, go down to the ‘Quantity Reserved’ field.  This will show the amount currently reserved.  Change this to the quantity you wish to reserve and deliver.  For example, if you had 12 parts reserved and you wish to return 10 to stock, you must change the quantity reserved to 2.  If you want to unreserve the whole order, then the quantity reserved must be changed to 0.
3.) Save changes.
4.) The remaining material will be returned to stock and the status of the Customer Order will change to ‘Released’
5.) This can be verified by querying for your Customer Order, highlighting the line item and selecting the Right Mouse Button option - Order Line History.

*Scenario - Pick List Printed, but not Picked.
An order for a part has been entered, released, reserved and the pick list has been printed.  You want to “unreserve” the order line, but cannot.

1. Navigate to Report Picking of picking lines -  Sales/Shipping/Picking/Report Picking of picking lines.
  2. Query for your Pick List number (found of the Customer Order/History Tab or the Customer Order Line/Order Line History).
  3. On the line enter a ‘0’ zero in the ‘Quantity to Pick’ field. 
  4. RMB on the header and choose ‘Report picking of customer order’ or RMB on the line to ‘Report picking from selected locations’.
  5. The parts will be returned to stock and the Customer Order Line Status will change to ‘Released’.
Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hello @ZTC ZTC JGOTA,

I was referring to the ‘Report picking of picklist lines’ window.

You should RMB on the header and select ‘Report picking of picklist lines’

BR,

Malsha

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello @jabous  @Malsha Amarasinghe @Anushi Seneviratne 

Thanks so much for your help. It has been very helpful your answers.

@jabous => I am following your second scenario.

when I RCB and clicking “Report Picking of Pick List Lines”

a window pop-up appear. We never seen that window before. It does not give me any option to query or list of value. Any idea? what am I missing ?

Thanks,

JL

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You must have your order type set to go into a shipment location, if you query for a shipment location does one exist?  If not you need to create a shipment location and move the parts into the location.  Then once they are in the shipment location you can go to “Inventory Parts in Shipment Inventory”, highlight the line and RMB to Return Parts.  In this screen you can return the parts to a picking location.  Then refresh the customer order and see if you can manually un-reserve the parts. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@jabous @Malsha Amarasinghe @Anushi Seneviratne 

Hello @jabous 

Where could I find the “Inventory Parts in Shipment Inventory” ? We are using IFS 9.

I am using the AO access and I cannot find it.

Could you please provide me a screenshot? and the path?

Thanks,

JL

Userlevel 7
Badge +15