Inventory Part In Stock - Open Purchase Orders

• 23 March 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 11 replies

Hi All,

I’m looking for a stock/inventory overview screen much like MMBE in SAP for those who have used the system.

Does IFS have this? 

I usually use “Inventory Part In Stock” to search for inventory but I would like to be able to see if there are any open purchase orders for the inventory at the same time. Is there a screen that will show me what’s in stock, Bin Location, Reserved Qty, Open Purchase orders etc??

Thanks

icon

Best answer by william.klotz 23 March 2021, 00:49

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @Benny ,

Have you taken a look at the Inventory Part Availability Planning screen?

You’ll be able to see On-Hand, Usable and Available quantities as well as what customer orders, shop orders and purchase orders either have demand on parts or are suppling parts including the due dates.  You’re able to see what’s been reserved, pegged and shortages as well.  You won’t see on this screen is bin and location details

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Agree with William. Inventory part availability planning screen would be the option in IFS. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @Benny ,

You’ll be able to see On-Hand, Usable and Available quantities as well as what customer orders, shop orders and purchase orders either have demand on parts or are suppling parts including the due dates.  You’re able to see what’s been reserved, pegged and shortages as well.  You won’t see on this screen is bin and location details

Regards,

William Klotz

Thanks William,

Seems strange to me there isn’t a screen that gives you a better overview of the inventory in the stores. From a Warehouse/Supply coordinator position this isn’t the most user friendly software.

I need to be able to see what is in stores with Bin location, Open P/O’s, Qty on hand and all the normal stuff I would need to know. Jumping from screen to screen is counter productive.

Maybe it’s something that needs to be added to the basic IFS package?

Thanks for your help 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @Benny ,

You can also use ‘Inventory Part in Stock Reservations’ window. It does illustrate the reserved qty and the type of reservations as well. 

And if you further RMB on the line and go to ‘Reservation Details’ it will list against to which orders the reserved qty was reserved. 

Hope this helps. 

Thank You,

Lumini. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Benny ,

You can also use ‘Inventory Part in Stock Reservations’ window. It does illustrate the reserved qty and the type of reservations as well. 

And if you further RMB on the line and go to ‘Reservation Details’ it will list against to which orders the reserved qty was reserved. 

Hope this helps. 

Thank You,

Lumini. 

The OP’s question is about open supplies on the parts (pegged/unpegged). The reservation window will show only demand orders with reservations only.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Benny ,

Regards,

William Klotz

Thanks William,

Seems strange to me there isn’t a screen that gives you a better overview of the inventory in the stores. From a Warehouse/Supply coordinator position this isn’t the most user friendly software.

I need to be able to see what is in stores with Bin location, Open P/O’s, Qty on hand and all the normal stuff I would need to know. Jumping from screen to screen is counter productive.

Thanks for your help 

Since you are new to IFS, it’s probably a little too early to conclude that it is less user-friendly compared to SAP. There could be multiple supply orders for a part, plus there could be multiple rows of stock records for a part, and there is no direct relationship with stock locations and the open orders - which is why it’s not practical to have a single tabular window showing all you have mentioned. A window of this nature will have duplicate rows and numbers that will only add to the confusion. The system therefore has an overview window instead with sum of on hand and supply/demand (implemented with window - Inventory Parts Availability Planning). You can of course add custom bits like custom menus/quick reports/custom fields/lobbies to make it more useful.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @Benny ,

Regards,

William Klotz

Thanks William,

Thanks for your help 

Since you are new to IFS, it’s probably a little too early to conclude that it is less user-friendly compared to SAP. There could be multiple supply orders for a part, plus there could be multiple rows of stock records for a part, and there is no direct relationship with stock locations and the open orders - which is why it’s not practical to have a single tabular window showing all you have mentioned. A window of this nature will have duplicate rows and numbers that will only add to the confusion. The system therefore has an overview window instead with sum of on hand and supply/demand (implemented with window - Inventory Parts Availability Planning). You can of course add custom bits like custom menus/quick reports/custom fields/lobbies to make it more useful.

Hi Asanka,

Thanks for your reply.

From someone who has been in Warehousing a long time this system isn’t as user friendly as others from a Stores point of view. I’m sure in other departments and industries this system is awesome and works brilliantly.

When you have customers coming to you to find parts and you need to go into multiple screens to find bin locations and then to see if there are open P/O’s in the system etc etc its fairly time consuming and not practical. You should be able to have a stock overview screen that shows you all the relevant information needed and then be able to drill down into that screen to see the multiple open P/O’s, reservations, MRP settings etc as needed.

From being a SAP SME in Warehousing to spending a lot of time playing with IFS to try and work out how to do the same things its been frustrating.

I do appreciate everyone’s help and advise though. I’ll be an IFS convert in no time I’m sure :-)