Solved

Inventory Counting Question

• 24 April 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi All,

I would like to know, is there any impact on 'reserved’ stocks while doing stock counting, i.e. do we need to un-reserve all materials pegged with orders (CO, SO,... etc) or not ?

-Thieuban-

icon

Best answer by AkilaR 27 April 2020, 07:13

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Unreserve is needed only if counting result is below qty reserved.

BR, Lukasz

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi Thieuban,

Reserved items will not be used when you generating the count report. Only Stock available on hand will be able count in or Out.

BR,

Akila

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Thieuban,

Reserved items will not be used when you generating the count report. Only Stock available on hand will be able count in or Out.

BR,

Akila

Hi AkilaR,

I think this is actually NOT true.

Look at this example below. It’s from IFS 10. We have 10 pcs qty on hand, but 4 is reserved, 6 available.

Counting report includes ALL 10 pcs, NOT 6:

You can count up and also you can count down to 4 pcs (that are reserved):

But you cannot count below qty reserved (as this requires internal communication between Departments):

I hope this clarifies.

Regards, Lukasz

Badge +3

Reserved parts are included in the count report.  Reserve can be simplified to mean the parts are allocated to an order but not with the order yet.  Reserved parts are still sitting on the inventory location.  Issued parts are issued to the shop order and no longer in inventory at the designated location but instead with the shop order.  Issued parts will not be on the count report.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@IC-LukaszP , I’ve just come across this post from some time ago, I had had my warehouse manager come and ask me if there is a way to disable this Error message and take the stock count results as final, and remove the reservation as part of the count process, or at least allow you to save the count, then deal with the cases where qty counted is below qty reserved. 

Do you know if this functionality has changed in later releases of IFS?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@david.harmer, IFS cannot automatically remove the reservation, because at the same time, on the same inventory stock, you may have many reservations with different reservation sources. For example three different Customer Orders. Algorith would not decide who is lucky and who’s not.

From pure curiosity I’ve just checked it on IFS Cloud, and it seems that nothing has changed in that matter. Your warehouse manager is correct - you cannot even save the record with Count Qty lower than Qty reserved. You cannot just save it and leave until someone removes reservation. It may feel inconvenient. So, to have your counting report filled preliminarily with quantities, you will need to temporarily type this counted quantity somewhere aside. For example in ‘Notes’ field. Then solve reservations, then fill Counted Qty.

Regards, Lukasz