Question

Intercompany Repairs of non-serialized parts

• 10 March 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Dear All,

I was wondering what the standard/best approach is to execute intercompany Repairs of non-serialized items.

The situation: 

• Sales Company A is in direct contact with customer X
  • Customer X has a problem with a non-serialized part and wants to sent it back to check if it can be repaired
  • Repairs are not done in Sales Company A, but in Repair Company B - which is physically a different location than Sales Company A
  • The invoicing of the repair costs needs to be done by Sales Company A to customer X
  • Repair Company B can invoice an intercompany repair service to Sales Company A (at a lower rate than what the Sales Company A invoices the customer X)

What proces/combination of processes can we use here? The part is non-serialized, so wherever we can we need to use ‘Customer Owned’ so we can make a difference between regular stock and Customer Owned stock.

We are working on IFS Cloud.

Best Regards

Roel

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Dear All,

Anybody have any suggestions to the above question?

Best Regards

Roel

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Dear All,

Does anybody have any thoughts about the above question?

best Regards

Roel Timmermans

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi for the intercompany repairs you should be able to use the Component Repair Order process.
This will require Company A to be a Supplier to Company B and in turn Company B needs to be a customer so that back to back orders can be created (PO to Co)
The same then needs to happen for Customer X which needs to be both a supplier and customer to company A.
A CRO header is then needed with a line for the repair part.  A receive order then needs to be created (PO) and the part received into inventory.
Once receipted against the CRO line an external repair is created and dispatched from Company A to B. Once completed Company B will return the item and invoice Company A.
Once receipted back from the repair org the item is then invoiced and sent back to the customer.   Against the Customer Invoice it is then possible to adjust the pricing as needed, if required.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi for the intercompany repairs you should be able to use the Component Repair Order process.
This will require Company A to be a Supplier to Company B and in turn Company B needs to be a customer so that back to back orders can be created (PO to Co)
The same then needs to happen for Customer X which needs to be both a supplier and customer to company A.
A CRO header is then needed with a line for the repair part.  A receive order then needs to be created (PO) and the part received into inventory.
Once receipted against the CRO line an external repair is created and dispatched from Company A to B. Once completed Company B will return the item and invoice Company A.
Once receipted back from the repair org the item is then invoiced and sent back to the customer.   Against the Customer Invoice it is then possible to adjust the pricing as needed, if required.

Hi

I tried to do what you wrote but it doesn’t work, look at the screen on below

Do you have any solution please?

It’s very urgent

BR 

Christèle

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @K4uChrisC ,

Did you ever get any feedback on the above topic? I am also still looking for a solution to this problem.

Best Regards

Roel

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @K4uChrisC ,

Did you ever get any feedback on the above topic? I am also still looking for a solution to this problem.

Best Regards

Roel

Hi

Unfortunately no .

But it’s a real problem I have no solution to purpose to my customer 

BR

christèle

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

The only possible workaround that would maybe be usefull trying is to use the CRO process but not using a ‘Customer owned’ part, but using the lot/batch number as a way to uniquely identify the part and distinguish it from other parts (set lot/batch number = customer No). Maybe that will allow the CRO process to go through.

But the biggest objection here is the Financial consequences: the part is now ‘Company owned’ and is part of your inventory value, while it actually should not be. This could give problems when the company is audited. So it’s not a desirable solution.

Best Regards

Roel

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

The only possible workaround that would maybe be usefull trying is to use the CRO process but not using a ‘Customer owned’ part, but using the lot/batch number as a way to uniquely identify the part and distinguish it from other parts (set lot/batch number = customer No). Maybe that will allow the CRO process to go through.

But the biggest objection here is the Financial consequences: the part is now ‘Company owned’ and is part of your inventory value, while it actually should not be. This could give problems when the company is audited. So it’s not a desirable solution.

Best Regards

Roel

I undestand but it’s not a desirable solution as you said

So I have no solution:(

BR