Skip to main content
Question

IFS Cloud - Authorizations

• 23 July 2024
  • 3 replies

What is the difference between “Purchase Requisition Line Authorization” screen and “Purchase Order Authorization” screen in IFS Cloud?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@screason Purchase Requisitions are usually created by regular users whenever they need something to be purchased (direct or indirect purchases). Normally these Requisitions are documents that are used internally by the company to validate some purchasing needs.

Once the Purchase Requisitions are approved, they can be converted to a Purchase Order. POs are the legally binding documents between your company and the supplier.

In IFS you can setup Authorization flow at Purchase Requisition level and Purchase Order level. 

You could read more in details about PR and PO at the below documentation page:

https://docs.ifs.com/ifsclouddocs/24r1/Procurement/ProcessProcurement.htm?StandAlone=true

Badge +3

@Marcel.Ausan Thanks for the response.

I need to show how much ($) each Authorizer authorized for the period. I can find their original Req and PO authorizations amounts ($), however, I cannnot determine an easy way to compute and summarize PO Change Order Authorization amounts ($).

For instance, I have a POCO that increased the PO $14,400 that I can see in PO Change Order Lines. The only way I can find the Authorizer name and date is by clicking on the POCO Line → Authorization tab. This is fine for an individual PO, but I need to pull data into a table for all 2,000 POs and POCOs for the period.

Any thoughts?

Scott

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@screason for this you would need some help from your IT dept to create a Quick Report to fetch the needed infor from the different screens. I don’t think there’s a standard page to show what you neeed.