Solved

IFS Apps 10 B2B Supplier Portal

• 24 May 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hello,

The company I work for is running a pilot using the B2B supplier portal - we are running on apps 10. 

We have run into a situation where the supplier contact that will manage the orders from within the portal is tied to multiple supplier numbers within the IFs system. 

We set up each of the suppliers and persons appropriately and as seen below check all the supplier numbers, but are not seeing all of the right data in the portal for each supplier number.

It seems IFS is only allowing for there to be a single default supplier and only those orders/data set appears in the portal.

Does anyone know if multiple suppliers can be set for a single person?

icon

Best answer by Vimukthi Mahakumbura 25 May 2021, 08:16

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi,

You can connect multiple B2B suppliers for the user but B2B functionality only support the default B2B supplier connection.

BASIC DATA SET UP

Set up the supplier as a B2B supplier.

1) Go to the Supplier window in Enterprise Explorer.

2) In the General tab, select the check box B2B Supplier.

Connect the user to the B2B Supplier.

1) Go to the B2B User - Supplier window in Enterprise Explorer.

2) Create a new record.

3) Fill in user ID and Supplier ID.

4) Save the record.

5) To change the default B2B supplier, right click the desired record and click the Set Default command.

Hope this information will help you.

BR,

Indika

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @eschell85,

You have observed ‘IFS is only allowing for there to be a single default supplier and only those orders/data set appears in the portal’, which is correct and according to my understanding the standard behavior of the system. Correctly as Indika suggested you can define multiple suppliers from Basic Data, but there is no possibility of changing this from the B2B portal itself to view data for different suppliers. 

As I have heard, there are few arguments behind this according to RnD, one is the inability of doing such change in the Support scope. Another argument which was convincing enough is the need of centralized control of who views what data. 

Thank you. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thank you both very much for the help and input.