Solved

How to fix a PO over-invoiced

• 17 February 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

what is the best way to fix a PO over invoiced?

This invoice was already paid.

Thank you,

icon

Best answer by ashwanikumar 19 February 2023, 21:05

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

I think a cancellation of the old invoice and match with the new invoice again would reverse the flow flawlessly.

This way the inventory postings and I vouchers will get replaced without impacting the financial accounting.

Badge +2

Hi Rigslrosh,

Thank you for your answer.

I agree this will be a solution, but for what I understand, I am not able to cancel an invoice when is PaidPosted.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

If it has gone up to Paid Posted I guess then the  business should expect a credit note from supplier on additional payment done. That can be matched as a credit manual supplier invoice and set off the over payment.

Badge +2

The dollar amount paid was the corresponding to 20 units, the invoice received total, but at the moment of manually matching the lines, 140 units were selected. > fortunately, this misstep didn't change the dollar amount to the proportional to the 140 units.

What I need is to fix the PO lines and revert the original posting.

in the RNYI report, this PO line has a negative amount. I need to revert that.

would a penny invoice worked with a negative amount of PO units? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Put excess quantity with 'to be inspected' and make it return/rework. After, create 0 value invoice and match with the return/rework quantity.

Badge +2

Thank you so much for your answer, as I am not an expert on Navigating through IFS, could you please guide me to the module that option is? - Thank you.

Badge +2

Can anyone help me with a little more insight on the option ‘To be inspected’? what module is it located? - Thank you.