Solved

How do you export a list of master parts?

• 26 November 2020
  • 14 replies

Badge +3

How do you export a list of master parts? from the system into excel?

icon

Best answer by Arunalu 26 November 2020, 13:18

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

14 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

1.Go to ‘parts’ window.

2.Then populate the information you need.

3.In the task pane, click on ‘output’. Then click on ‘Save as’ button. Then give a path to save the file (But there is a limitation on the number of records which can be exported at once).

4.If the ‘Save as’ button is not there, click on ‘Add’ button. select ‘CSV’ from the file type (leave the other default values as is). Then click on ‘Create’ button. Then, follow step 3 to export into excel. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

I fully agree with Arunalu’s reply. I would add that after opening the “Part Catalog\Master Part\Parts” screen, you should check the column chooser settings before running the output (the output will reflect the column chooser settings so if any columns are hidden, they will not appear in the output).

Badge +3

thank you for your replies, unfortunately the excel file that is created is greyed out and I cant open it, when I run/create other reports the file is green but not when I run the one for master parts? any ideas why that would be?

Many thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

From “Part Catalog\Master Part\Part” there is no exports.

You have to be in “Part Catalog\Master Part\Parts”  

Are you in the right window?

Badge +3

Hello 

Yes Hans I am in that screen, I click on output at the bottom and then to the right of that there are four options

Save As (greyed out so not available)

Custom Export (greyed out so not available)

Add (available)

Quick print (greyed out so not available)

So I click Add (as its the only one I can), so I name the file etc, but the file created is still greyed out :(

Any ideas? Kind regards

Catherine

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Can you send a screenshot?

Badge +3

Kind regards

Catherine

Badge +3

As you can see its greyed out and wont let me open it :(

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Can you send a screenshot of the whole screen?

Badge +3

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

You are in the wrong window. Go to “Part Catalog\Master Part\Parts”. Parts not part.

Badge +3

Hello

there are only these available

:(

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Ok, that has something to do with your permissions set. I think you will have to talk to/negotiate with your IFS system administrator to get access. 

Badge +3

I thought so , thank you so much :) i really appreciate it