Solved

How do you clear a reservation on a purchase order line?

• 28 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

How do you clear a reservation on a purchase order line? Trying to close a PO and I get the following error. We are on IFSAPPS10 UPD#6.

icon

Best answer by astfarazt 29 December 2022, 17:03

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @arebbeadle,

Have you already shipped the Supplier Material? 

Are you attempting to complete the Register Arrivals process or manually selecting the PO line and closing the line?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@astfarazt , I am selecting the line and then Close but I get the same error when RMB in the header and Close. Inventory Planning shows Reserved Qty 1000 on PO 188433. I need the reserved Qty unreserved?

Thanks.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@arebbeadle , You can do the following to remove the reservation:

1. RMB on the Purchase Order Line and select Supplier Material
  2. RMB on the line and select Reserve Part
  3. Find the row in which the reservation exists and input a negative quantity next to that value (you may have to do this for multiple rows depending on how your reservation was completed)
  4. Click OK and then the Reservation will be removed

Although, I’m not sure I follow the reason to manually close the PO line.  Generally, you’d want to complete the Register Arrivals process to complete the receipt process or adjust the quantity on the Purchase Order Line if it exceeds what you now need to order.  Assuming the Automatic Order Closing selection is enabled on the Purchase Part, the Purchase Order will automatically close once the material is received.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@astfarazt , The PO was Closed but got reopened in the process of trying to unreserve the part. Looks like the answer you provided works as long as the line is opened. I zeroed the qty putiing in negative qty, and then closed the PO. Hopefully no other issues.