Question

How can i add free text / notes on Purchase order?

• 22 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hello, 

Is there a way to add free text / notes on a purchase order? 

In addition to our standard terms and conditions per supplier per part number we tend to give additional special instructions and we would like to add notes / free text on a per PO basis. Any help on how to do this is much appreciated. 

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @faikab I believe you can use Document Text functionality in both PO header and line level for your purpose.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi 

First of all you need to go to 

• Document Text Administration
  • Identify the PO document number in “Documents” (PO is number 6)
  • Then go to “Output Type” and create a new one give it an Output Type and description and then add the Purchase order document number below
  • Then go to Supplier For Purchase Part, go to document text, select the output type created, enter the relevant text
  • This information will then print out on every Purchase Order to that Supplier for that Purchase Order

Note that you could do the same on the Supplier eg go to supplier, go to document text, select the output type and then everytime you send a PO to that Supplier the text will also be shown.

If you have standard text eg a holiday shutdown you can create phrases and set this to print out on every Purchase Order over a set duration.

I hope that helps.

Jackie