Question

Goods return in inter-site purchase order

• 14 October 2021
  • 17 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Dear experts,

When I perform return on Receipt window for a inter-site purchase order , it throws an error mentioned that 'Location SS does not exist’ . However , this is the location which received the goods already . Is there any other step to fix this error ?

This topic has been closed for comments

17 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi XitThejaG

I hope both warehouse and the location is SS. Coz here in the screenshot you have added SS to the warehouse field. 

Can you find this SS location in the LOV for location field? 

Please check and let us know. 

Thanks and Regards,

Sanduni Ranaweera

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@Sanduni Ranaweera ,

Yes , it is there .

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Deal all , Can any one of you guide me the steps to do the part return with int purch trans scenario?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @XitThejaG , you can return the parts from the purchase receipt as you were trying to do. And then you can create the Return Material Authorization from the customer order in supply site and receive the parts to the supply site processing the RMA. I’m not sure why you are getting this error about the location.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@Manoj Balasooriya , Thanks a lot and I will try another part as well. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@Manoj Balasooriya , expiry date of the sending inventory part of the demand site  is different from supply site . Therefore , the above specified error occurred . When I change the expiry date according to the supply site , it worked. Now , I am getting below error . Do you have any idea to fix it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Seems the new transaction (which is to be created) cannot find a unit cost since you had changed the expiry date. Please check the expiry date of the ARRIVAL transaction of the PO and use the same. 

What is the error you received when you had the expiry date difference? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@Vimukthi Mahakumbura , I tried with a  new part . Now , there is a different error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@XitThejaG In the Cost Bucket window, can you check Cost Bucket SSB is defined for site 104?

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@Vimukthi Mahakumbura ,

I defined Cost bucket and now again there is a unit cost error .

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@Vimukthi Mahakumbura ,

I defined Cost bucket and now again there is a unit cost error .

@XitThejaG you said initially you received this error, when you changed the Expiry dates. You did the same here with your new part?

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@Vimukthi Mahakumbura , in this part , I didn't change the expiry date . 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@XitThejaG, can you check the estimated material cost and unit cost fields in Inventory Part/Cost tab in the both sites? Are there values? Did you enter a value for estimated material cost when you created inventory parts? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@Manoj Balasooriya , Yes. There are values in inventory part window .

Actually , I didn't create a part and used existing one . However , the costing method is WAC .

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@XitThejaG , I think it is better report a support case, then we can investigate the errors to find the root cause.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@Manoj Balasooriya , That's good . I think I am doing something wrong in the inter-site flow. Since , the part based in WAC costing , it may caused the specified ‘No unit cost’ issue . When I am performing inter-site customer order reservation , I can not see any part to reserve . 

So . I am using receive inventory part and manually added the required quantity (Manually filled the inventory ).

Then I have the inventory part qty and processed the reservation , successfully. 

Finally . I closed the PO as well . However , in the return process it throws below error .

I think this is because of the manual addition of inventory parts in prior steps .

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@XitThejaG, Manually receiving stocks to the inventory won’t be a problem. It may not be a reason for this error.