Question

From Company owned to Customer Owned inventory

• 10 May 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

In IFS10, it’s easy to change the ownership from customer owned to company owned.

However, the other way around is not. I want to change the ownership of an inventory part from Company Owned to Customer owned. Does anyone have a good process for this?

I can imagine we first make a CO to sell it and then a PO to bring it in as customer owned, but that seems a lot of work?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @First Employee ,

Yes, I am also thinking of a similar flow. A similar topic was discussed few days back too. Click. (not exactly the same)

However, if you can consider elaborating your business situation abit, we might be able to provide a better solution hopefully.  

Thank you.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi,

You can follow the below procedure to change the part ownership to “customer owned”

First, go to Issue Inventory part and issue the existing company owned qty against this part.

Secondly,

- Go to Supplier for Purchase Part screen, query for the part and setup a supplier for purchase part with Ownership = Customer Owned. 

- RMB from Supplier for Purchase Part and Create Customer which links the supplier directly to the customer. Otherwise, make sure that a customer no is entered in Purchase → General tab of the supplier.

- Setup corresponding inventory part and sales part. 

- Create a new Purchase Order to supplier with the customer owned material part number and receive it into inventory.