Solved

Fixing a Closed PO

• 22 July 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Purchase Order Status: Closed

The user has mistakenly raised a PO for an extra 505 quantity of a certain part, received it and now wants to correct it. 

I checked the connected invoices. The Invoices are either in 'PaidPosted' or in 'PostedAuth' statuses. 

I was pretty sure we are unable to fix this now. But thought of checking with the experts on the Community if there's any way at all that we can fix this at all? 

App9 UPD14

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 22 July 2022, 14:24

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Once posted, you can only go through a credit process to offset, you can’t back out and undo the transaction.  If the Closed Date on the Purchase Order Receipt is populated AND the Invoice Qty is > 0, then the receipt can’t be undone.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Asela Munasinghe can we try to roll  back the payments for paid invoices, and then cancel the invoices and cancel the receipts? Thanks, Ravi.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@ShawnBerk and @Ravinatha Ariyarathna thanks for the replies. Not being a Finance expert myself, what I am not sure how to do is credit process to offset / rolling back the payments. Can you please guide me through the steps the user should perform in IFS? 

@ShawnBerk  I found one PO line has the Invoiced Qty < 0.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Invoiced Qty > 0 but without a closed date means there is a manual supplier invoice started with a posting proposal connected, but it hasn’t been processed to Posted as indicated by the lack of Closed date.  It can still be backed out, just needs extra steps to remove the proposal and cancel the manual supplier invoice first.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

If the quantity is put by mistake in that case, invoice status cant be paidpoasted. For different scenario the solution will be different.

1. If the invoice is paid posed, that means payment also has been done wrongly. In that case there is a process of supplier payment rollback, then invoice needs to be cancelled and finally po receipt needs to be cancelled 
  2. If the invoice status is postedauth, its possible to cancel the invoice and then the receipt needs to be cancelled  
Userlevel 7
Badge +28

The problem with the payment and our view of the supplier payment rollback is that many times the supplier payment is accurate if it is paid from the invoice and other problems are not found by the AP Clerk.  In many cases, we don’t want to or can’t rollback the supplier payment because the payment was not part of the problem.  Which then in turn makes unreceiving not possible.

Badge +2

Hi,

For what I understood of this case, I have a very similar issue I am looking for a solution for.

in my case, we have a PO invoiced with a higher quantity that the amount received.

What was the solution for this case where the invoiced amount was zero? understanding how that was resolved will help me solving my over invoiced PO.

Thank you.

Karla.