Question

EDI - How to send PO to my supplier

• 26 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

Anybody have any documentation showing how to configure the send of PO to a supplier via EDI?

Where are working with IFS Cloud 23R2.

Thanks,

Gianni Neves

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @gianni.neves ,

I guess you already reviewed the related Online documentation for configuration needed in the application to be able to send a PO to your supplier:

Then, once this configuration is done, the Send Order option will be enabled in the PO. This will generate an EDI message in Application Messages and next steps depends on your preferred integration platform implemented.

In general:

• IFS uses PLSQL Access Provider to generate the data for a specific outbound transaction then format the data as JSON message.​
  • It is possible, if required to transform JSON message to XML format using JSON-to-Xml transformers in IFS CONNECT​
  • IFS CONNECT will then send the final ITS message to destination (FTP(s), SFTP, FILE, e-mail, REST Service)​

I hope this clarifies your question.

Regards,

Pilar

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Thanks @Pilar Franco for the answer.

All configuration have been done, but I still not seen any EDI message on Application Message. If I configure as EDI message, I can see in Outbox Message. 

If I set up as INET_TRANS, I have a line in application message.

Thanks,

Gianni Neves

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @gianni.neves, What is the content of the application message you see when INET_TRANS is used? Doesn’t it have the file which needs to be transferred? How have you setup the routine rules?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @gianni.neves ,

Please provide an screenshot of the configuration made for message setup of Supplier.

Generic option can be:

Media code = INET_TRANS

Address = CONNECT (assure that this receiver doesn’t have a Site Id configured in Setup Connectivity / Message Receiver)

Also, as Vimukthi said, please provide the content of the application message created.

Regards,

Pilar