Question

Discounts on Total PO amount

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

We need to setup discount for entire purchase order in IFS. But it is not possible to provide discount amount for entire PO. 

• Note that discount is not specified to an item. It is due to reaching the certain amount of order amount. 

How can we achieve it? 

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

You can have a Charge line with the negative total amount like below. 

To allocate to the total, you might want to keep ‘Distribute Charge By’ empty here

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Thanks for the comment.

We did the same but it gives the incorrect amount in the PO Gross amount. Please see below.

What IFS does is it first calculate the tax for PO net before discount and then deduct the discount amount, Hence Gross amount is incorrect. 

We can set the tax code for discount as well. But it is fundamentally incorrect. Discount is consider as revenue for the company hence normally tax is not included. But according to the IFS calculation it is not possible to setup.

Any solution for this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@INIyura , you certainly have a point there. Tagging @Piyal Perera here since he once helped me solve the below issue, probably he’ll give an idea. Sorry I couldn’t completely solve your case. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Thanks @EnzoFerrari. No Issue. Will wait for Piyal’s response. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Looks like nobody has a suggestion @INIyura , Did you report this to IFS? If IFS agrees to correct it as a bug, please keep posted on this thread for the benefit of others :)

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

LCS case G2279022 was raised to GSO with high importance. Waiting for their comment.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @INIyura ,

I don’t think there’s a out of the box solution for your requirement. But as a workaround solution you can use Custom field in PO header to update the discount and Custom RMB to execute a SQL code which will update the discount Percentage for each PO line. Discount % should be calculated using Discount Amount mentioned in PO header and Total PO Net Value.

For example if we take same example the total PO net amount excluding Discount is 90924.05 SAR and Discount Amount is 1345.6 SAR then Discount % is  1.479916. Apply this Discount % to each line Discount% column this will calculate the discount amount for each line to match the final PO value with discount.

Hope above will help.

Regards,

Akila

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Thanks @AkilaR 

We have already deployed the solution in our environment. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi

I cannot agree with “What IFS does is it first calculate the tax for PO net before discount and then deduct the discount amount, Hence Gross amount is incorrect. “

Net amount is calculated after deducting discounts. Net amount is based on tax calculations and charge calculations (if required). We have introduced ‘Use Price Incl Tax’ if you need to work with tax and price.

As one of colleague highlighted - charge (% or amount) can be used to deduct specific amount at invoicing process.

regards,

Piyal

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

@Piyal Perera  ‘What IFS does is it first calculate the tax for PO net before discount and then deduct the discount amount, Hence Gross amount is incorrect”

This comment is based on the solution that we add discount in the charges tab as a negative amount. Then system calculate the net amount first and then add the VAT on top of that thereafter deduct the discount which i added in charges tab. 

You can refer below screen shot and there you can see Gross amount/Curr and Gross amount including Charge/Curr are different. 

As i have stated we used the same solution with adding the custom field on the header and deduct it from the PO line. But it also has some issue due to IFS rounding if the percentage having infinite value.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

I got it now. Earlier we discussed - charge line as a work-around for some other issue. I feel that - charge work-around not suitable for your issue. Charge line do calculate as defined by the charge line calculation steps. It seems that you succeed some extent using custom field and  I feel that better go ahead with that option. No other work-around even I can think of. 

regards,

Piyal