Solved

Demand Plan flow

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hello Community, 

Can you please help me understand how can I link the parts from parts master data to the new flow in demand Plan Server? Even though we don't have any historical data for that part I want to see part in flow.

icon

Best answer by Sangeetha Jayamaha 11 May 2021, 07:08

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

14 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

You will have to define a base flow which will include that part. Or else you can manually create SQL statement which can contain the required part.

Optionally you can use the base flow assistant window as well.

Please refer the attached document which contains some explanation as how the flows needs to be defined.

Hope it will be useful to you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Thank you very much for response, but I have SQL defined in my base flow but still I dont see my flow is linking to any part under that site.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Please check the following, 

1.) Is that part defined as a forecast part? (Need to have an entry in the forecast parts window)

2.) Go to publish forecast window and add an entry to the forecast server.

3.) Select parts and give full access to the parts.

4.) Now the status of the parts are locked. Go to the demand client and change the status to released.

Try the above steps and it should enable adding the part to the flow.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi @ravi.soni ,

To add parts to the Demand Plan Server we need to run the Qualify Parts Job, but there is no way to automatically qualify parts without historical data, Therefore if you still need to include parts to a specific flow you can do so manually using the Forecast Part window in IEE/Aurena.

/Jithendra

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hello, @Jithendra & @Sangeetha Jayamaha

I am trying to define new part in forecast part, I am getting pop-up message “Field[MAD] in forecast part may not be specified” how can I specify that field? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi @ravi.soni ,

Please let us know what is the application version that you are using. 

APP10 UPD ?

/Sangeetha Jayamaha.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi @ravi.soni 

The MAD value is calculated by theDemand Plan Server, I assume you have used the duplicate functionality to create the new Forecast Part, I would suggest creating the forecast part without using the duplicate functionality. 

/Jithendra

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @ravi.soni ,

Please let us know what is the application version that you are using. 

APP10 UPD ?

/Sangeetha Jayamaha.

I am using Aurena IFS 10 sandbox. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @ravi.soni 

The MAD value is calculated by theDemand Plan Server, I assume you have used the duplicate functionality to create the new Forecast Part, I would suggest creating the forecast part without using the duplicate functionality. 

/Jithendra

@Jithendra, Can I import manually import (excel file) some historical data in new forecast part? If so how can I import data from Excel file to IFS Aurena APP 10?

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

@ravi.soni ,  No there is no way to import from Excel, but if you have the Inventory part created, you can create the forecast part directly from the Inventory Part Screen using the Forecast Command.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Please check the following, 

1.) Is that part defined as a forecast part? (Need to have an entry in the forecast parts window)

2.) Go to publish forecast window and add an entry to the forecast server.

3.) Select parts and give full access to the parts.

4.) Now the status of the parts are locked. Go to the demand client and change the status to released.

Try the above steps and it should enable adding the part to the flow.

Hello, 

Need help again, steps above helps me link individual part to the flow. But if I have around 35K parts in part master how can I link all those parts to the flows? 

Also how can I link historical data to the part after assigning new part to the flow? 

Thanks,

Ravi 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi @ravi.soni 

A bit confused now, At the beginning of the question you mentioned that there is no historical data, that is what lead us down this path of creating a forecast part.

But in some way, if there is any historical data, by “some way” I mean having the historical data in one of the default views or a custom view. You can simply map this view with the base flow SQL definition and then run the qualify parts job.

Also, I wonder if there are 35k parts without history?

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @ravi.soni 

A bit confused now, At the beginning of the question you mentioned that there is no historical data, that is what lead us down this path of creating a forecast part.

But in some way, if there is any historical data, by “some way” I mean having the historical data in one of the default views or a custom view. You can simply map this view with the base flow SQL definition and then run the qualify parts job.

Also, I wonder if there are 35k parts without history?

Hi @Jithendra, sorry for confusion. we still dont have full set of data loaded in IFS yet. we have around 100 Parts in IFS to practice and play around. but my Flows not catching those set of 100 parts that we currently have to practice. Only parts I see in flow is that I have added manually from “Forecast part” tab. Not my single flow is taking information from inventory part or part master data and populating in demand client. Hope this helps to clear your doubt. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

@ravi.soni Please check the following document and see if that helps to solve this issue? 

/Sangeetha Jayamaha