Question

Custom field saving on Register Purchase Order Arrivals

• 31 August 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi,

I added a custom filed on Register Purchase Order Arrivals screen, can I know which table will the custom filed be saved to? I checked the debug console but didn’t find any clues, could someone help me on this?

Many thanks.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi @eric.sun 

You can find the connected view details in the System info tab as shown in screen below.

If that System Info tab is not enabled in your application, you can RMB on the context pane and customize, then add that Tab.

Thank You,

Best Regards,

Sangeetha Jayamaha

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Here I have attached the screen shots again.

Best Regards,

Sangeetha Jayamaha.

/

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

@Sangeetha Jayamaha , thanks. I do see the custom field in the view ifsapp.PURCHASE_ORDER_LINE_NEW_cfv, but purchase receipt is not saved in this view. Once I complete a purchase receipt registration, the data should be saved to other tables, so I can query it in this kind of tables. But currently I can’t find it in the view ifsapp.PURCHASE_ORDER_LINE_NEW_cfv as it just shows the purchase order lines to be received rather than purchase receipts. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@Sangeetha Jayamaha , thanks. I do see the custom field in the view ifsapp.PURCHASE_ORDER_LINE_NEW_cfv, but purchase receipt is not saved in this view. Once I complete a purchase receipt registration, the data should be saved to other tables, so I can query it in this kind of tables. But currently I can’t find it in the view ifsapp.PURCHASE_ORDER_LINE_NEW_cfv as it just shows the purchase order lines to be received rather than purchase receipts. 

Hi @eric.sun,

If you want to query the purchase receipt related data, you should join the view PURCHASE_RECEIPT_NEW with the relevant keys in order to get those data as well.

/Ruchintha Samararatne

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

What I meant earlier was something similar to this.

You can customize the below sample query to retrieve data as per your requirement.

SELECT * FROM 
PURCHASE_RECEIPT_NEW pr,
PURCHASE_ORDER_LINE_NEW_cfv pol
WHERE pol.order_no = pr.order_no
AND pol.line_no = pr.line_no
AND pol.release_no = pr.release_no;

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

@Ruchintha Samararatne , Hi Ruchintha, I guess I didn’t explain very clearly. My purpose is to add a new field on the Receive screen and the field can be saved to purchase order receipt table or lot batch master table. Currently I added the field to the table purchase_order_line and I can see it on the screen, but it was not saved to any tables now. I think this is because once a receipt is being saved the receipt information will be handled and then saved to some tables but obviously the new filed was not handled. But if I add the new filed on purchase order receipt or lot batch master screens, the new filed will not appear on Receive screen. Not sure how to handle this case, could you give some clues? Thanks a lot. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@Ruchintha Samararatne , Hi Ruchintha, I guess I didn’t explain very clearly. My purpose is to add a new field on the Receive screen and the field can be saved to purchase order receipt table or lot batch master table. Currently I added the field to the table purchase_order_line and I can see it on the screen, but it was not saved to any tables now. I think this is because once a receipt is being saved the receipt information will be handled and then saved to some tables but obviously the new filed was not handled. But if I add the new filed on purchase order receipt or lot batch master screens, the new filed will not appear on Receive screen. Not sure how to handle this case, could you give some clues? Thanks a lot. 

Hi @eric.sun,

Thanks for explaining your issue clearly once again. Just to confirm, In other words, that your requirement is to add a persistent custom field on the PurchaseOrderLine LU and add it to be appeared on the Receive dialog box. And then When you do a receival of an PO arrival, you want to save the entered custom field value, back to the PurchaseOrderLine LU’s custom field value.

If this is what you are expecting, as per my understanding, this seems not technically possible, since the table in the Receive dialog box is not permanently mapped with a particular data source (to be persisted) and which fields should be saved is handled via a separate business logic/function.

But as a workaround, you can enter it separately after the receival or before receival of the order line in Purchase Order Lines window. Or if the custom field is introduced in PurchaseReceipt LU, then you can enter it in the Purchase Receipt window after the PO receipt is created upon registering the arrival. But I don’t think that it is very user friendly and productive.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

@Ruchintha Samararatne , thanks. I agree with you that is not feasible if I add a new custom field to PurchaseOrderLine  and back to it. I thinking of some other workaround to achieve this, but anyway many thanks for your support on this.