Question

Create Demand Plan from MRP to use in IPR

• 11 November 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi,

Is there a way for a demand plan for a component item to be generated from MRP, so that I can calculate that items safety stock using IPR?

The example I have is that I have a demand plan forecast for a finished product, that has then been imported into MS, with component MRP run, giving me purchase requisitions or shop order requisitions to supply against that demand.

For the purchased components in the structure of that finished product (that are MRP controlled) I want to run IPR to give me safety stocks based on days coverage: 

This will then give me time phased safety stocks

However, as I have a demand model of forecast for the components this only seems to work if I manually create a demand plan forecast for the component part/or let the system create a forecast based on history of the component part.

I want the demand for the component to be driven from the forecasts of the items it goes into, as MRP calculates and not another independent forecast.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

As an update for those who are trying to do a similar thing the workaround I have done is to create a migration job that reads mrp_part_supply_demand (via an IAL to aggregate per period) for these component items and insert the demand it into the forecast_day_import table.

You can then run the DP server job External Import

This will then update the demand plan for the component part

So that when IPR is refreshed it will create a more accurate safety stock plan 

This method involves a lot of scheduled jobs to accomplish something quite simple, so if anyone has an easier method to do this it would still be good to know.