Question

Clarifying the Demand Plan Functionalities

• 30 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

1)    Is there an ability / process to setup parts and part characteristics in Demand Planning Client for thousands of parts at once vs. setting up each part individually?

2)    Is there an ability / process to import external data in demand planning client to create a basis for running demand planning simulations / plans?

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Rasika,

I assume you want to insert new forecast parts and characters right? Then maybe we can set a data migration job and get the input from a file (excel) and insert the records to the table and using job external import in demand server this can be imported to demand server then do a complete DP data refresh. I have investigated a case with this process, but it was to insert forecasts to forecast_day_tab not parts.

I’m unaware of any process in demand client. In demand server we have a job to import external data.

Best Regards,

Vishaka

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi Rasika,

1.)  When setting up parts, once you define the flow, if the parts satisfy the conditions in the flow, you can run the qualify parts job to get parts qualified/disqualified as forecast parts. 

But for that, the parts should have the minimum number of transactions defined in the qualify parts job.

If you need the parts that does not meet the above conditions to be defined as forecast parts, you will have to set up each part individually. 

Please refer page 16 of the attached document for further details.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

@Rasika Lakmal 

2.) Regarding importing external data into Demand Planner, Yes. There is a possibility of importing external data in to Demand Planner.

We can load external data in to the table,  FORECAST_DAY_IMPORT_TAB, and then run the “External Import” job on the Demand Plan server to get them imported in to DPS.

Hope this helps.

Thank You,

Best Regards,

Sangeetha Jayamaha.

/

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi, you can use the SQL Developer and write some PL/SQL code to set up all flows.

I used Excel to concatenate all relevant flow data (in my case, flow_id, part_no and description) into a sql statement (marked in orange). You can do this for a whole bunch of flows at once.

For importing data, I set up a Migration Job. You can find this in the solution manager.

I hope this helps

Golo