Question

Cannot create Control Plan on Non Inv/Outside Op Part where Supplier is Internal

• 17 May 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 357 replies

In Apps9 we are trying to connect a Control Plan to an Outside Op (Non-Inventory) Purchased Part on site A where the supplier for the part is internal supplier site B.  When we save we get the error message “Part Revision must have a value for Purchased Inventory Part xxxxx”.

The part on the supply site is a Manufactured Part with Part Catalogue, Inventory Part, Product Structure, Routing and Sales Part records, and is entered on the demand site Supplier for Purchase Part record as “Supplier Part No” needed for inter-co PO/CO/SO functionality.

Has anyone come across this issue before/have a solution/know it is recognised as a bug?

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @PRODQ ,

Hope you are creating a Purchased type control plan, right ? not a Inventory or Manufactured type control plan ?

Thank you and Best Regards

Thushitha

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @ThushAsanka 

Yes, Purchased Control Plan 

Linda

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @PRODQ ,

This error comes when the purchase part is an inventory type part, and have no any part revision record.

So, could you check again that the purchase part you are entering in the control plan is not an inventory part in the same site ? 

Thushitha

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi Thushita

As I said, the part is set up as Purchased Non Inventory on demand site.  It’s an Outside Op item within a Product Structure.  There is a Supplier for Purchase Part record  which is Active.  The supplier is an internal site within the same company.

On the Supply site, the part is set up in Master Part, Inventory Part and Sales Part - all active/revision in date.  

The Part is not set up as an inventory part on the demand site.

LInda

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Thushita

As I said, the part is set up as Purchased Non Inventory on demand site.  It’s an Outside Op item within a Product Structure.  There is a Supplier for Purchase Part record  which is Active.  The supplier is an internal site within the same company.

On the Supply site, the part is set up in Master Part, Inventory Part and Sales Part - all active/revision in date.  

The Part is not set up as an inventory part on the demand site.

LInda

Hi Linda,

Have you checked whether there is a Part Revision record for that part (which you are going to create a control plan) in any site ? Search in the below screen for the Part No, and there should be a record.

Thushitha

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

There is but on the supply site not the demand site and it’s the demand site I’m trying to create the control plan on.  I wouldn’t expect there to be a Part Revision on the demand site because it is set up as a Purchase Part only on the demand site.  There is no Inventory Part record for this part on the demand site because it’s an Outside Op item.

Thanks

Linda

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

There is but on the supply site not the demand site and it’s the demand site I’m trying to create the control plan on.  I wouldn’t expect there to be a Part Revision on the demand site because it is set up as a Purchase Part only on the demand site.  There is no Inventory Part record for this part on the demand site because it’s an Outside Op item.

Thanks

Linda

Hi Linda,

I had a look at the code when a new purchase type control plan record is created.

It checks below.

First it looks whether the Part No entered is an inventory part. This does not validates the site. So, the Part No entered is there as an Inventory part in any site, it comes into this validation.

If it is true (this is true in your case also, since it is an inventory part in supply site), it checks whether there is a value entered in the Part Revision field in the control plan record which is being created. So, for this validation, site is considered since site is already entered in the control plan record. This is automatically fetched when it is an inventory part and there is a part revision, and for non-inventory parts, there is no part revision. 

So, if that Part Revision field is null, this error (which you have mentioned) is raised.

I think this is not correct, and can be considered as a bug in the application (but I didn’t find any bug related to this logged already), since for the first validation (to check whether the part is an inventory part) does not validates the site-inventory part combination key, but the second validation (to check the Part Revision field is null) validates the site.

I think you can raise this as a bug in LSC.

Hope I’m clear.

Thushitha

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Thanks, Thushutha.  Good to know I’m not alone in thinking it is a bug.  I’ll raise a case with Support.

Linda