Solved

Cancelling a Rental PO Line

• 4 February 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hello All,

I have a question regarding cancelling a Rental PO line by following below test steps:

• Create a PO for a Rental Purchase Part.
  • Receive the PO.
  • Start Rental from Rental Workbench.
  • End Rental.
  • Return the part back to Supplier.
  • Generate Rental Transactions (optional).
  • Now go back to the PO Receipt and cancel the Receipt - this will re-open the PO and PO and Line status will changed back to Released.
  • Now try to cancel the PO or (PO line).
  • Then you will see below error:

How can we create correction rental events to remove rental periods as suggested by the error message?  Or is there any other way to cancel the PO? Does anyone have any idea? Many thanks. 

icon

Best answer by Dilan Senevirathne 17 February 2022, 09:01

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Ravinatha Ariyarathna 

Can you check if the Period end date of Transaction generation Schedule is a past date. If so change it to a future date and cancel the PO.

Best Regards,
Tharaka.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Dilan Senevirathne, thanks for your reply.

I have already set the Period End Date of mu Schedule to a future date, but still the error appears.

Thank  you,

Ravi

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I duplicated your PO and created new PO P740038 and followed the same test plan. I was able to cancel the PO without any issue. May be this might be an one off incident.

Best Regards,
Tharaka.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Dilan Senevirathne , thank you so much for testing this. But I think you have missed one step - that is returning the part back to the supplier after ending the rental.

In your PO, Rental Events are like this:

But it should be like this to get the error I believe.

Thank you,

Ravi

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Now I have returned the part back to the supplier. But I am unable to cancel the receipt now because the received quantity is no longer available at that location.

Best Regards,
Tharaka.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Dilan Senevirathne , yes now I too get the same error. I’m not sure how the application allowed me to cancel the Receipt after returning the part in the previous order P740036.

However, if you follow the test steps according to below order, you will be able to re-create the original error:

• Release the PO and receive rental parts.
  • Start Rental.
  • End Rental.
  • Cancel the Receipt (without returning parts).
  • Generate Rental Transactions (this is mandatory). 
  • Now try to cancel the PO line.

Please try t have a look when you have a free time.

Many thanks.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

The reason why we cannot cancel the PO is due to the time gap between Rental Start and End date.

In the below example you can see that
Rental Start date is  2/16/2022 12:00:00 AM
Rental End date is  2/17/2022 12:00:00 AM 

Therefore according to the error message we have to create a correction rental event which means we have to Re Start rental on the time we ended rental which is 2/17/2022 12:00:00 AM and End the rental again at the time where we first start rental which is 2/16/2022 12:00:00 AM

Then we can cancel the PO.

Best Regards,
Tharaka.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Dilan Senevirathne, thank you very much :relaxed: . This worked as you have described. I will let my customer too know this.